will the church respond to the Pennsylvania grand jury?
by parietals (2018-08-15 10:43:38)

I know the news is still fresh, but the reports are not good. It's amazing how pervasive it is.

Anyway, should we expect some sort of official response from the church, or will they let the legal system work?

Of course not. They've had 15 years since Boston.
by Wooderson  (2018-08-16 12:29:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There will only be more revelations.

I am morbidly/angrily curious at what the Homily
by NGIrish09  (2018-08-15 11:51:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

will entail this Sunday. Part of me wishes that these corrupt rapists will not deign to hurt the Mass in any way, and part of me hopes they spend it on their knees groveling for the congregation's forgiveness. I am guessing we will get a lecture on our own minuscule transgressions and a bunch of silence. "Not all priests"* or some other such malarky.

Will the church be packed or empty?

*To which we should respond: "All the Bishops."

Some 25 minute snoozer on the Holy Spirit
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2018-08-15 13:50:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a few years back our parish had a priest who would recycle homilies. Leafing through his notebook, most of his sermons dated from the 1980s.

This Sunday is the Freshmen Class opening mass
by Doghoused  (2018-08-15 12:30:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think it will be addressed there as it is probably not the right time nor audience, but I am curious how Notre Dame will handle this with its students on a go forward basis.

The Observer editorials should be interesting *
by NGIrish09  (2018-08-15 12:35:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In a Draconian way: Francis will appoint a new commission! *
by Atticus  (2018-08-15 11:03:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep, and it won't be the pipe hitter from the CDF
by HTownND  (2018-08-15 13:20:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It will be his buddies instead.

Nothing will change, wash, rinse, repeat.

A change is going to come, trust me
by Atticus  (2018-08-15 13:32:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As Herb Stein, the late economist and the father of Ben Stein said, “If something cannot go on forever, it will stop.”

What we are in store for remains to be seen, but clearly we are approaching an end of something. What will follow may depend upon our reaction to what is happening now. If you’ll forgive the quote from The Lord of the Rings:

“ ‘I wish it need not have happened in my time,' said Frodo. 'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'”

Chaired by Godfried Danneels (link)
by TCIrish03  (2018-08-15 13:14:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Head over to the Political Board. Larger thread on it there *
by Queensman  (2018-08-15 11:00:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post