Saint Louis University did the same thing
by irishrock (2018-08-15 13:14:08)

In reply to: High School GPA inflation.  posted by sluredandstumbly

We went and attended a meeting in mid-February where they discussed their profile kids and the stats on the admitted students

It was something like a 32 ACT and a 4.3 GPA. I was laughing/seething the entire time because the recruiting coordinator was so obviously full of shiite. (my wife is awesome, but VERY trusting and even she questioned it) Our daughter was a 3.93 and a 31 ACT and he was recruiting her like crazy to come to SLU. I actually found the guy to be untrustworthy and found that he left out a lot. He'd brag about the new frosh dorm...but didn't tell anyone that it was an extra $1,000/semester to live there. He'd brag about the SLU campus in Madrid (he'd never been there) to which we later visited and it was 3 small buildings.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that all the colleges pump up the #'s to look good to their Board of Trustees. That's why they practically beg a student to apply as soon as one can in late August or early September...they want to get a report into the University President's hands showing what great enrollment potential the class has. I guess it's okay...I'm in sales and so full of shiite too.

Replies: