I'm proud to be her classmate
by Grease (2018-08-16 01:33:55)

In reply to: I don't broadcast that I graduated from ND, however  posted by SCOTTSDALE

So often we hear, "I'm so embarrassed that (person X) graduated from (insert school here)". It's not just us, I hear it from every school whenever someone does something that brings scorn. It's refreshing to be able to say, "I'm so proud that I shared the halls with this person as a member of the class of '95". She spoke at my parish a few years back and I wish I had been able to take my kids to see her. Your timing with this is oddly appropriate for me as I am sitting in a room at Johns Hopkins where my 11 year old daughter had a spinal tumor removed last Friday. She is going though intense therapy right now and will hopefully transfer to the Kennedy-Krieger Pediatric Spinal Institute in the next few days to continue inpatient therapy with the hope of restoring full function. My daughter loves swimming and soccer and your post compelled me to order the book for her to read when she hits that plateau in therapy and starts to think, "maybe this is it, maybe this is my new normal". She is as strong as an ox, and tough as a bull, but everyone needs a little motivation sometimes. Thanks for this.

Replies: