Roku Ultra for a couple reasons...
by ndgenius (2018-08-16 10:10:46)

In reply to: What is your favorite thing that you own...  posted by potatohouse

I'm a big TV guy and cutting the cord seemed like an impossible task for me but I will never go back to cable TV again because of the Roku...makes it so easy to watch whatever I want.

Also (and maybe more importantly) it has the headphone jack in the remote so I can watch TV in bed and turn off the set so you're essentially just listening to something which is great for those mornings when I wake up at 4am thinking about a problem at work...I'm now able to fall back asleep when I couldn't clear my mind before.

Do you have battery draining issues?
by cincysubdomer  (2018-08-16 11:09:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In mine, new batteries will drain completely in just days. I read that unplugging the headphones from the remote helps, so I've been doing that.

Yes, if you don't unplug the headphones it thinks that you
by ndgenius  (2018-08-16 13:54:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are still listening so it drains the batteries quickly. My downstairs remote lasts at least 6 months (if not more) where I don't use the headphones.

I've pretty much trained myself that if I wake up in the middle of the night that I unplug the headphones and then fall back asleep. I'm changing the batteries about once a month (Harbor Freight batteries) so it's less than a buck a month on batteries so it doesn't bother me too much.

What services do you subscribe to with Roku? *
by TouchdownJebus  (2018-08-16 10:34:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

PS Vue, Netflix, Prime Video...all other apps are free
by ndgenius  (2018-08-16 13:51:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm considering switching to YouTubeTV because it's $10 less but they don't have the food channels and I watch those quite a bit.