Creature Feature horror lesson
by anthro_domer (2018-10-16 11:19:50)

There could be a lot more in this one, but I'd be here all day and no one's paying me to do.

Jaws: If you've seen Jaws you can probably thank it for every body of water being a shark infested doom hole. The music is iconic, which is usually very important for horror movies (see Halloween and the exorcist)

An American werewolf in London. There's a handful of werewolf movies I could put in, but this has the most iconic transformation scene and is a good movie overall.

Alien: another classic in all aspects. The slow build and tense isolation are great.

The Thing: my personal favorite horror movie. The special effects are legendary. A study in the unknown being a bitch. Also Kurt Russel is an American treasure.

Them!: There's a lot of there's types of movies in the 50s rejecting the fears of nuclear bombing fallout. This is probably the most well known (well besides Godzilla).

Child's play: a personal favorite because the idea tortured me for years growing up as I was sure my stuffed animals were out to kill me. It's cheesy and not really good, but it's fun to watch and laugh at. My favorite scene is when Chucky hits a full grown woman with a tiny hammer and knocks her about 10 feet backwards and out a window.

No Night of the Lepus? *
by Father Nieuwland  (2018-10-16 20:30:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s a classic *
by GU82ND4ever  (2018-10-16 20:44:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Leprechaun
by NDBass  (2018-10-16 14:43:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know if you didn't include it because the original and sequels blend various genres. They share one genre, though: Pure awesome.

Will there be a combination "Creature/Weather" list?
by milhouse  (2018-10-16 12:20:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because "Sharknado" is conspicuously absent from your list.

I've never seen Sharknado. I have seen sharktopus v
by anthro_domer  (2018-10-16 12:30:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In something. It was pretty bad.

I don't think Jaws is a creature feature.
by ltperry64  (2018-10-16 12:00:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It belongs to the killer animal genre like Orca or Grizzly.

What, exactly, is the difference?
by ndtnguy  (2018-10-16 12:17:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Creature Feature" sounds awfully akin to "Killer Animal."

That being said, I don't think "dolls" are either animals or creatures in the conventional sense.

Creature features usually have a monster of some sort.
by ltperry64  (2018-10-16 12:25:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't dispute that Jaws is ultimately a horror movie. But if we're slicing an dicing things here, it doesn't belong in this category. Nuclear monsters? Giant mutants attacking cities? Aliens? Sure. Jaws? No.

The shark is . . . a monster
by ndtnguy  (2018-10-16 12:36:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not just some ordinary shark that eats someone and then swims off into oblivion.

I fail to see the difference between a movie about an entirely fictitious monster (e.g., Creature from the Black Lagoon) and a movie about a non-fictitious creature given fictitious, monster-like qualities.

The shark is .... a shark *
by ltperry64  (2018-10-16 13:45:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Candygram *
by Father Nieuwland  (2018-10-16 20:19:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree. The shark is so beyond a normal shark
by anthro_domer  (2018-10-16 12:38:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That I consider it a creature.

Also, I couldn't think of another category it goes in. So there's that.

Was Tremors on your comedy list? *
by captaineclectic  (2018-10-16 11:42:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is Dr. Phibes a creature? *
by Mark_It_Zero  (2018-10-16 14:02:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’d say no.
by captaineclectic  (2018-10-16 14:32:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s just weird looking.

What about the fishman in Shape of Water? *
by Father Nieuwland  (2018-10-16 20:55:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes. Black Lagoon precedent. *
by captaineclectic  (2018-10-16 21:01:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

See, I knew I'd miss some classics.
by anthro_domer  (2018-10-16 12:34:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tremors belongs in is own category: Kevin Bacon horror. It includes such classics as Friday the 13th, Stir of Echos, and Picture Perfect.

Say, was The Blob on your social commentary list? *
by captaineclectic  (2018-10-16 12:42:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hollow Man *
by captaineclectic  (2018-10-16 12:39:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Questionable horror movie. *
by anthro_domer  (2018-10-16 12:57:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s been a long time
by captaineclectic  (2018-10-16 13:16:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess you could say it’s a thriller with a horrific turn.

Invisible sexual assault
by wcnitz  (2018-10-16 12:43:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gross.

Fantastic sicko movie. *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2018-10-16 12:40:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cinematic perfection. *
by Papa November  (2018-10-16 12:18:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm completely out of ammo
by wcnitz  (2018-10-16 11:59:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's never happened to me before.