Hului vs. PSVue
by TheGeneral (2018-10-16 16:02:23)
Edited on 2018-10-16 16:02:44

In reply to: another cord cutting streaming thread!  posted by cujaysfan

I recently switched from PSVue to Hulu. The reason I switched was that PSVue was often freezing for several seconds at a time. I thought this might be internet related, however, Hulu and Netflix are not doing this. Compared to PSVue, Hulu has its pluses and minuses but overall I like it better.

Specifically, here's what I think:
-At least for me, picture/streaming quality is better with Hulu.

-The price for Hulu is about the same as what I was paying for PSVue but Hulu adds in access to their streaming library as well.

-I find the interface for Hulu a little hard to navigate compared to PSVue. I access it through Fire so it may be different on other platforms.

-For some programs, you cannot fast forward through commercials on DVR unless you pay an extra $15/month for that option. This was an upsetting surprise to me this weekend when I sat down to try to watch an NFL game using that option.

-Using Hulu, you're limited to two devices. This was also a surprise as we had two TVs connected at home and I was on a work trip watching in my hotel room. At home, we had to log out of one of the TVs to get the other working.