Financial experts
by Leahy (2018-10-16 21:04:24)

Think Amazon will ever split its stock?
I know there history on this and being a huge fan of Amazon ( and own a nice amount of their stock) im just curious as to what you people may think

Thanks

You asked if it will "ever split"
by The Flash  (2018-10-17 13:30:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just guessing, but I expect not.

A common purpose of stock splits is to reduce the price of stock to a more publicly affordable price so the firm can sell more stock to more people if and when it issues more. Amazon is financing their operations with cash flow generation, not debt or equity offerings.

Who knows if Amazon will want to issue more stock, dilute the current shares, and raise capital through equity? I don't think they need it, but "ever" is a long time for their circumstances and strategic financial planning to change. I checked the history of their SEC filings for prospectuses and Blue Sky reports, and found none.

Cheers.

Not an expert....
by Hanratty5ND  (2018-10-17 00:02:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But according to this article--it seems Bezos has been dismissive when asked about a possible split.

As the article notes--the main driving force if it were to split would be Amazon joining the Dow Jones Industrial Average: