Don't get me started on this...
by wildesilas (2018-12-11 10:03:01)

In reply to: What makes this a living in the south thing?  posted by pmoose

St. Joseph county has to be one of the most inept counties in the United States of America. I suppose Cook County, IL is more corrupt, but certainly not more inept. There are still huge piles of leaves on the streets in Granger and they will likely stay there until spring. Maybe it is still like that all over the county. I can usually count on a snow plow to arrive on my street about 2-3 days after a significant snowfall. It is not uncommon to have cars stuck on our street for multiple days. I don't know the exact % of taxes paid to the county by the people living within 1 square mile of my house...but I am willing to bet it is a significant portion. For that we basically get no county services. Granger should have incorporated long ago...but it is too late now.

It has been a terrible fall/winter for public works.
by Killian  (2018-12-11 13:14:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Leaves fell late and snow came early. People threw a fit there leaves weren’t picked up. We have 5 leaf crews. Those trucks are also snow plows which means a change over in equipment every time it snows. It will take another month to get caught up on leaves here, and that is if it doesn’t snow.
Be patient.
Footnote: I don’t live it St Joseph County

Luckily, I don't depend on these pickups
by pmoose  (2018-12-11 13:26:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I get the challenge for whoever agrees to do the leaves pickup. What amuses me is that it's the same outrage every year despite the same thing happening every year. You'd think after a while the town would try to figure out a more appropriate solution and/or people would stop depending on something that has always been a problem every year (and that is regardless of trying to assign blame out to Mother Nature and/or public works).

Go outside and light those leaf piles on fire
by Jeash  (2018-12-11 12:29:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Signed: Your superiors from Elkhart County.

The whole leaf thing is amazing to me
by pmoose  (2018-12-11 11:35:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why people still count on leaf pickups happening and then are surprised and outraged when it doesn't is beyond me. It has happened every single year I have lived here.

Who knew there is winter weather in the area, often times which happens before or very shortly after all the leaves fall from trees!?!

You're leaving out Wayne County, Michigan.
by domer4  (2018-12-11 10:06:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The home of Detroit. I don't even think Chicago can match the level of corruption in Detroit over the past 40 years.

I used to live in that county too...you are probably right *
by wildesilas  (2018-12-11 10:25:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post