Kansas City is the same
by Brandon (2018-12-11 10:50:37)
Edited on 2018-12-11 10:58:43

In reply to: The only thing that kinda pisses me off about living in the  posted by Barrister

I live in the burbs but our address is still technically within city limits and we got a couple hours of wintry rain followed by 5-6 inches of snow a few weeks ago. No salting or other pre-treatment was done (they claimed they couldn't because it started as rain and would've washed away). Afterwards, no plow showed up for 3-4 days, at which point the snow had been fully compacted into sheets of ice, rendering the efforts pointless. Schools were canceled for 3 straight days, cars who tried to get out in the first day or two afterwards were stuck/abandoned in random parts of the neighborhood.

Our HOA outlined a potential plan to hire a private snow removal service after everyone complained that the adjoining neighborhood to ours was promptly cleared (they use a service) but apparently we have some skinflints who scoff at the prospect of paying an extra $100 per year for the service. The city of KC's approach or capability is in very stark contrast to Minneapolis where I lived for 4 years - extremely well oiled machine there.