My usual breakfast for 20 +/- years...
by Kbyrnes (2018-12-11 13:44:38)
Edited on 2018-12-11 13:44:48

In reply to: Breakfast suggestions  posted by irisharab

...has been a glass of orange juice, granola mixed with yogurt and fruit such as blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries, and a banana. Sometimes I will quickly scramble up an egg.

On Sunday mornings we have eggs with hash browns (made with finely chopped onion and bell pepper, sauteed) and wheat toast. I like bacon but probably only have it about once a month when I'm out somewhere. At any breakfast place I've never been to before, as well as mainstays like Egg Harbor (or Perkins on 933 at 12:30 a.m. after a night game), I get the same boring thing every time: two eggs over easy with hash browns, bacon, and wheat toast.

Lunch--often a Subway or Jimmy John's tuna salad or turkey on wheat with various vegetable toppings, chips, and a diet coke. Dinner--Salmon or chicken or shrimp made various ways with pasta or flavored rice and some green vegetable like asparagus, green beans, etc. On weekends I might make chili with beef, pork, and/or turkey, or sometimes stews (daube de boeuf is tasty). One helping is enough; remember this adage, which I developed at age 16 after one particularly gluttonous Thanksgiving feed: your stomach gets full before your brain does. Listen to your stomach.

Granola will help with your cholesterol, I think. I'm not a maniac about all this, but your body is the vehicle that carries you about; if you don't take reasonable care of it, it'll wear out sooner than necessary.