Best installation control software for my Android phone
by G.K.Chesterton (2018-12-11 13:51:16)

I have an Android phone which my high-school son occasionally needs to use but I want to prevent him from installing software and don't want to go the separate profile route.

I am looking for any good suggestions for just this phone. Qustodio has a free version for one device but appears to assume that the first device is a kid's phone, not the the admin phone itself. I am open to any suggestions.

(I cannot believe how easy it is to overcome the built-in Android parental control feature.

Do you want to go further than...
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-12-11 14:12:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

password protecting Google Play purchases? Or would that suffice? If so, google how to do that.

The parental controls that Google provides are defeated
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-11 17:25:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by clearing the storage for the Google Play Store app. Unbelievable how easy it is.

No, I mean setting Google Play to require a password
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-12-11 17:30:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in order to purchase apps. I don't know if it would work, because I have never set it. I don't know if it would require the password for free apps, either.

I do apologize if what I am describing is exactly what you are saying is easy to circumvent.

Instagram is free so it doesn't require a purchase. 8^( *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-11 20:43:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I use Norton App Lock
by fontoknow  (2018-12-12 10:00:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It locks down the settings as well as any app you want to password protect.