Eggs and Kodiak Cakes
by Brandon (2018-12-11 14:57:46)
Edited on 2018-12-11 16:00:08

In reply to: Breakfast suggestions  posted by irisharab

Agree with the below that the latest wisdom on eggs seems to be to eat them without much worry, despite the reputation for being high in cholesterol. If you can, buy ones that are "Pasture Raised" (I like the Vital Farms brand from Sprouts or Whole Foods but there are others too). They're certainly more expensive but you can actually visually see the difference vs. conventional/mass produced eggs in the deep color and large size of the yolks.

I eat 2-3 eggs every day, switching up the form (sometimes fried, sometimes over-easy, sometimes scrambled), topped with avocado slices and a little bit of sea salt then pair that with a peanut butter-topped toaster waffle or a couple of protein pancakes that I usually make a batch of on the weekends and then reheat quickly in the microwave. Usually will have some berries on the side as well.

Now for a shameless plug: about 2.5 years ago I left a large mega food corporation after working there 8 years post-ND to jump to what was then an upstart natural food brand called Kodiak Cakes. It started a long time ago as simple whole grain pancake mix that has since morphed into various 100% whole grain and protein-added products in a variety of flavors that are present at just about any major mainstream grocery store you can think of (Kroger, Safeway, Target, Walmart, Costco etc). Everything is 100% whole grain, with added protein, non-GMO and free of preservatives or artificial ingredients.

Despite being made with whole grains and whey protein, our products actually taste good, which is usually most prospective consumers primary concern. The most popular items are the protein pancake mixes but there are also protein frozen toaster waffles, protein muffin mixes and even some convenient on-the-go microwave oatmeal, pancake and muffin in-a-cup options (higher in sugar than the mixes, but very tasty).

To me, the toaster waffles sound the most convenient for someone like you who wants something quick, reasonably healthy but tastes good. See link below.

Plug over.

Replies: