Cassettes are back in younger hipster culture.
by voidoid (2018-12-11 16:07:53)

In reply to: They are not getting me this time. I still have all my old  posted by Slotts

There is already a rebellion against the obscene cost of new vinyl.

Friend does a monthly column on new cassette releases
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2018-12-12 09:55:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Link is below.

I found a beautiful 35 year-old Technics cassette deck in the trash back in the spring and it plays perfectly. I was able to listen to some of my old 1990s radio shows on WVFI and WFMU.

Cassettes were always cooler: ROIR was cassette only
by knutesteen  (2018-12-11 16:42:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

An almost DIY mantra label circa 1979 with some great artists from NYC no wave, punk and thrash.

I will check that out. Burger Records recently added a
by voidoid  (2018-12-11 16:46:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

cassette subsidiary called Wiener Records, where any band can send in their audio and Wiener will press it to cassette - similar DIY ethic.

You might like the ROAR artist list
by knutesteen  (2018-12-11 16:49:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Although I'm not sure how many are still on cassette.

Jeez, I've got like 30 of those artists
by voidoid  (2018-12-11 16:55:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and my handle is named after one of them. Tons of reggae and dub on there. Surprised I was completely unfamiliar... thank you, sir.