Cottage cheese with an avocado and tomato
by kellykapowski (2018-12-12 01:18:21)

In reply to: Breakfast suggestions  posted by irisharab

Personally, I hate breakfast. I make Kodiak pancakes/ waffles/ muffins for my husband and kids in bulk, which I freeze to easily pop into the microwave or toaster, but I don't like eggs, sausage, or oatmeal for myself. If you really are into just having breakfast type food, try cottage cheese with an avocado and chopped tomato mixed in. You can also sub butter for avocado on some whole grain toast as it still gives great flavor. If not... mind you, it may sound strange... but if you are concerned about cholesterol, you could always try eating what you would normally have for dinner (obviously reheating it) so that you have a protein/ vegetable rich "breakfast" to start your day and then eat a light salad with protein for dinner. I do this on a daily basis as I really just don't like normal breakfast food despite the fact that the rest of my family does. It works well for me. At dinner, I eat more salad and less of whatever else that I made than what my husband and kids eat... then just reheat a larger portion for myself in the morning. Just a thought!