Best way from EWR to Manhattan with luggage?
by mr.natural (2018-12-12 11:25:13)

Cabs are an arm and a leg, fine if on T&E, but not so great if I'm paying. I'm sure there is a better way - I welcome any suggestions. Assume "midtown" - 34th to 47th somewhere in the middle.

Thread hijack - best way from LGA to Manhattan?
by reilly  (2018-12-12 14:30:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There will be four of us, with luggage, going from LGA to Midtown (East) Manhattan.

M60, baby! Then 5,6. Pack light. *
by Shifty  (2018-12-12 18:02:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Uber/Lyft or a cab.
by EricCartman  (2018-12-12 14:59:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With that many people, trying to cram into the M60 is going to be a major pain.

From LGA to Midtown East is going to be maybe $35 in a car. It's not overly expense.

Second this - super easy and about $50 for Uber XL *
by SantaMonica  (2018-12-12 15:14:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is the Marine Terminal still operating? They make it impos-
by 1NDGal  (2018-12-12 19:27:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

sible to use Uber from that Terminal. You have to take the commuter bus to a random lot halfway to the international terminal and it’s a total mess.

Marine Terminal (A) is Jetblue only now
by shea  (2018-12-13 13:14:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can get your taxi/FHV from curbside there.

Terminal B no longer requires a bus ride for FHVs and usually does not require one for taxis. FHV pickup is at the second level of the garage. Take the footbridge there from the upper level (Departures).

Where is the International terminal at LGA?

I took a car service
by irishrock  (2018-12-12 14:35:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it was convenient and quick

$100

When you walk out of baggage claim
by beattherush  (2018-12-12 12:22:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there are nice men who will offer you a ride. They'd probably take your baggage too.

I'm sure it will be reasonable. They seem nice.

There is a bus service that takes you to midtown
by irishfitz124  (2018-12-12 11:44:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Departs every 20min or so from just outside baggage claim. Three stops in Manhattan: Port Authority, Bryant Park, and one block south of Grand Central. $17 and you can buy your ticket on the bus.

take airtrain at airport to NJ transit
by DBCooper  (2018-12-12 11:29:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

then take that to Penn Station in manhattan. Its actually pretty easy and not too expensive.

I used the AirTrain from Amtrak last summer and ...
by Barney68  (2018-12-12 21:54:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it was great.

Best way *
by Frank Drebin  (2018-12-12 17:15:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also, there's a Newark Penn Station in NJ.
by EricCartman  (2018-12-12 13:14:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't get off on that one.

That's what I do. *
by Manor76  (2018-12-12 12:09:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sometimes NJT trains don't have much room for luggage
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2018-12-12 11:41:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As long as you're not traveling too and from Penn Station during rush hour, you should be able to accomodate you and your luggage on the train.

This website seems to provide a good summary.
by MCB  (2018-12-12 11:38:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Link:

Make a will leaving your property to an unborn person
by captaineclectic  (2018-12-12 11:27:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kill yourself and reincarnate as that person.

Or there’s a shuttle to Grand Central.

Agree with the Newark Airport Shuttle Bus
by voidoid  (2018-12-12 11:39:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you're going to Midtown, it's easy and costs like $20.