How do I un-forward my ND alumni email?
by El Kabong (2018-12-12 15:04:10)

I've come to the conclusion I'm too connected to my Comcast email address and want to move to something more flexible. Given the number of accounts that would have to change as a result, it's a process I'd like to start sooner rather than later.

I have a gmail account, but have long used it as my spam catcher, so it's not as simple as just switching over to that. But I've also had an alumni.nd.edu email which has always been an auto-forwarder, so I figure I can use that instead.

This leads to two questions:

1) For those of you who use your ND addresses, do you find there are issues with server space, or is it pretty flexible?

2) How do I shut off the auto-forward? I can't seem to find it on the current version of the website.

They converted alumni.nd.edu to gmail years ago
by raygun  (2018-12-12 16:53:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've been using it since the auto-forward days and there were steps that you had to go to, in order to sign in, but they have it all in gmail now.

I haven't had any problems with the space, either on drive or on the email itself.

It is weird that it is still-autoforwarding for you because my understanding is that they automatically turned it off and you had to log into gmail now to get your mail.

Edited to add the link to the email site. Unfortunately I'm not sure how they handle password recovery.

Interesting
by El Kabong  (2018-12-12 17:29:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently there's both an individual account an a G-suite account under my address.

the alumni.nd.edu
by HTownND  (2018-12-12 17:48:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

email gets you access to all of the google stuff, it's basically a gmail account.

I too am shocked your email was still forwarding.

I guess they never shut it off
by El Kabong  (2018-12-12 17:49:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I never went through the steps to create the account (although I did just now), so I guess it just kept forwarding.

Mine still forwards to my preferred email account.
by Frito  (2018-12-12 23:32:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think I ever went in and changed my preferences.

Un-forwarding your ND alumni email is
by Mark_It_Zero  (2018-12-12 16:04:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

only available to members of The President's Circle. A simple un-restricted donation of $25,000 or more will do the trick.