Kimi's memorial will be this Saturday in San Diego.
by irish gypsy (click here to email the poster) (2019-01-10 23:18:43)
Edited on 2019-01-11 13:01:09

CJ just sent the following information:

"Here are the details for Kimi’s memorial service in San Diego.  I’ve been asked to speak. Anyone is welcome to attend." -CJ

Kimi Lindsey-Schroder’s Memorial Service will be this Saturday at 11:30 AM:

Metropolitan Community Church
2633 Denver Street
San Diego, CA

I will be sending a big bouquet of flowers on behalf of "Kimi's Notre Dame Friends." If you'd like to send some separately, feel free to email me no later than Friday noon (Pacific time), and I can give you the contact info for the preferred florist who is handling the memorial flowers.

We still have some money left in Kimi's fund from our most recent collection last year. CJ, mkovac, and I have been discussing the possibility of some sort of memorial for her at Notre Dame. Perhaps a butterfly garden near the children's playground just east of the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center or at the Robinson Community Center? Maybe a bench honoring both her and Konrad Reuland? Maybe a "Kimi's Corner" reading nook?

Feel free to offer suggestions.

We need to discuss the possibilities with the appropriate contacts at ND and take it from there.

Stay tuned, and again, many thanks to all of you who have prayed for her, donated to her "Fun Fund," bought Girl Scout Cookies or glasses cases, sent her special treats care of her crazy uncle...

Kimi appreciated our love. It made a difference to know she had so many Irish friends cheering her on.

-NOTE: Punctuation edited to make clear what's from CJ and what's irish gypsy. He will be there and will speak at the memorial. Irish gypsy will not be able to get there in time. (I live in MN and am supposed to travel to NY on Sunday.)

Replies: