I did it myself last year.
by Mark_It_Zero (2019-01-11 14:40:06)

In reply to: Easiest way to file for a 501c3?  posted by mintirish

It was a long process. The 1023 application is detailed, and requires a lot of support statements. You also have state applications to worry about. In CA, I had to file with the Secretary of State, The Registry of Charitable Trusts, and had to file an application for tax exemption.

I'm sure legalzoom has a package to file the 1023 application for you for a few hundred dollars, but you'll still have to provide all the supporting statements like bylaws, conflict of interest policy, specific purpose statement, projected income/budget, program descriptions, related party disclosures, and whatever else may apply.

I would have a competent person from the organization do it over a cheap service. The cheap service will have you do most of the legwork yourself anyway, and then just file the application for you.

There are a lot of good people back here, though. Maybe somebody knows a good firm that handles this stuff for small organizations. Best of luck.

OT: add Mid-90s to your list
by The Holtz Room  (2019-01-11 22:14:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Much more relatable for guys than “Eighth Grade” not only because of characters, but the tribalism you have with your buddies at that age. Probably why “Eighth Grade” didn’t really land for me.

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross add another hauntingly good theme to their collective works.