I bet the wine list is outstanding
by ACross (2019-01-11 16:27:08)

In reply to: if it’s the place on clark just north of diversey  posted by ndlarryj

Ethnic food is for hipster dorks. Nice instagram picture. Nicer bowel movement.

counterpoint: i also hate food-photo-taking hipster dorks
by ndlarryj  (2019-01-12 22:35:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

have done a healthy percentage of the Michelin top 50, and don’t live in St. Louis

This is laughable. Tell me more. *
by airborneirish  (2019-01-11 18:02:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I quite enjoy ethnic restaurants if the food is outstanding.
by BeijingIrish  (2019-01-11 17:37:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One could make the case that the Himalayan Bistro (Nepalese/Tibetan/Indian) is the best restaurant in Fort Collins on the basis of consistent quality, ambience (linen tablecoths!), and service. The owner is a Sherpa, there everyday, really nice guy. His hot daughter is a waitress. I don't mind that they don't have wine because I prefer beer with South Asian food.

But shitty Thai is just that, and there are plenty of those around.

Ah, yes
by ndtnguy  (2019-01-11 17:02:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All those people who have been ironically living for centuries in the mountainous regions at the confluence of the Tigris valley and Asia minor. Huge hipsters.

Why do you think they aren't in Asia Major? *
by tdiddy07  (2019-01-11 17:16:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Tigris valley is in Asia Major
by sprack  (2019-01-11 17:57:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So I think he covered that.