I hate tapas.
by Bruno95 (2019-01-11 17:58:13)

In reply to: I looked at that list. Babareeba is fun.  posted by WilfordBrimley

Emilio’s was ok. But it’s a personal prejudice.

My rule of thumb for Tapas: *
by connormacmanus  (2019-01-12 12:43:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it's not in Spain, it generally sucks.

My only issue with tapas is that I mishear it.
by akaRonMexico  (2019-01-12 11:00:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After that, even the best food is going to be a let down

Agreed
by wcnitz  (2019-01-12 08:21:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

San Chez is overrated.

Haven’t been in years.
by Bruno95  (2019-01-12 10:09:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two strikes were enough.

The efficacy of the "tapas and cocaine" diet is undeniable. *
by Mark_It_Zero  (2019-01-11 20:33:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They both smell delicious. *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-01-11 22:34:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well done. *
by 1NDGal  (2019-01-11 21:31:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hate tapas too
by wrathofsorin  (2019-01-11 20:25:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If I like the goat cheese enchiladas (or whatever), I don't want to feel like an asshole for eating 2 out of the 3 of them that are on the plate.

How can one "hate tapas"?
by sprack  (2019-01-11 18:00:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All it means is small plates of food. All kinds of different varieties of food.

You only like big plates of food? You eschew appetizers? You don't like Spanish food?

I hate tapas restaurants. *
by Bruno95  (2019-01-11 18:35:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They're just an excuse to drink.
by captaineclectic  (2019-01-11 20:01:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Oh, we're having tapas? Can we also have an overpriced pitcher of margaritas?"

Try Emilios in Hillside, IL. Good food, service, and...
by Kbyrnes  (2019-01-12 03:06:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...yeah, margaritas and sangria.

Who needs an excuse to drink? *
by The Delta House  (2019-01-11 23:15:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How can a pitcher of margaritas be overpriced?
by DakotaDomer  (2019-01-11 22:11:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can you put a price on happiness?

Also...what the hell tapas restaurants are you going to that sell pitchers of margaritas? There isn’t any tequila in Spain.

Did you mean to say sangria? I’ll agree that can get overpriced since the typical price in Spain is about 4 euro per pitcher.

So?
by Atticus  (2019-01-11 20:43:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have a problem with that? So long as everyone is laughing, it is all good.

You know I don't. *
by captaineclectic  (2019-01-11 21:12:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good, I was starting to worry
by Atticus  (2019-01-11 21:54:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that you were going to go all bourgeois on me.

Please, make a date to come for dinner soon. We could easily con our better halves that we were talking nonsense all the while we were plotting the outlines of the counter-revolution, the counter-reformation.

¡Viva Cristo Rey! (Perhaps we’ll have to invite BeijingIrish into our plot, but he’s enough of a Celt to trust. ¿Verded?)