Good morning Mates! Get the snow shovel out! *
by ProV1x (2019-01-12 07:22:23)

This user did not provide content for this post

It is a good day,son accepted to Gtech today and is a jacket *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-01-12 14:19:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congrats bro. Well done! *
by wiNDycityfan  (2019-01-13 06:53:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great news. Congratulations! *
by MobileIrish  (2019-01-12 15:49:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks amigo. Gonna be a helluva engineer! *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-01-12 20:29:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes sir! The DC burbs residents are sitting on the edge
by so-it-goes  (2019-01-12 12:45:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of their seats, half panicked over the “ storm”’that is predicted.
Watching Irish men hoops. They are hanging in despite injuries and illness.
Only eight available to play.
Will sit and wait to see what the sky will bring. Live snow but lately am not liking having to remove it.
At least we have winter temperatures a few days in a row. Will have to light the first fire of the year later. Lotss of firewood so that is good.
Best to all. Be safe and careful shoveling and driving in the snow.
Gooooo Irish

About 7 inches so far in Kansas City with more coming down.
by milhouse  (2019-01-12 12:27:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's gorgeous out. Fortunately, I have nowhere to be, so I can sit back and enjoy from inside.

The Dusting has begun; off to see Brey's boys beat Frodo! (link)
by Jess  (2019-01-12 09:50:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Only" 3" to 4" expected. Pffft.

Edit: Have you read Kayo's post, in the Pit? Check it out. Today, another Irish great gets inducted into the Ring of Honor.

Go Irish!

He was nothing without Samwise *
by graNDfan  (2019-01-12 12:50:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't see"Rudy" at the game. Didn't look for Doug Flukie. *
by Jess  (2019-01-12 18:16:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Currently > 2m in much of Austria with another 1m to go
by NDHouston  (2019-01-12 09:23:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

before midweek. The north side of the Alps is absolutely buried this year.

Good morning, BR!
by ndwineaux  (2019-01-12 08:54:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a grandkids babysitting day today! Mama and Papa will be going to the mens hoops game today.

We are finally going to get some measurable snow here in the Bend, after about a month with no snow - It's a weird winter.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Irish Forever,
Captain Wineaux
Shamrock Brigade

Over a foot on the ground here in Denver last 24hrs. *
by Papa November  (2019-01-12 08:53:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You need to move uphill
by gozer  (2019-01-12 11:32:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we only got about 8-9 inches.

74* & Sunny in “O”Town-In Honor of Jammer Sr-(may he RIP)
by Jammer  (2019-01-12 08:46:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My sister’s and I will be assisting my Mom in boxing up the Interior Christmas Decorations this afternoon. My Dad Loved Christmas and my Mom had their house decorated beautifully when friends & relatives visited on Monday afternoon after my Dad’s Funeral!l Service!
The Military Service at the Bushnell, Fl Military Cemetery on Tuesday morning left me Speechless!

If someone is near the Grotto, please light a candle as our “Irish Guardian Angel,” Jammer Sr guides his Family through our daily challenges, from his place in heaven!

Love Thee Notre Dame!

I bought a snowblower at the end of November
by pmcdnd96  (2019-01-12 08:40:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I got snow boots for Christmas. Everybody in the greater Boston area can thank me for the fact that it hasn't snowed yet this year and it likely won't the rest of the winter

Isn't "s#0w" one of those 4 letter words that are banned ...
by Barney68  (2019-01-12 08:33:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from the subject line! It SHOULD be!

That said, we're expecting 1 to 3 inches of s#0w here in the DC 'burbs so I'll probably be out saving neighbors from the elements this evening and part of the day tomorrow. Ah, well ...

Good morning back at ya!

A precipitation event is scheduled for this evening
by dbldomer7375  (2019-01-12 08:05:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The weather prognosticators refuse to commit to what form the precipitation will take. Either way, near freezing temps and anything coming from the sky is reason to stay home.

As such, it will be an evening to cocoon with netflix.

Be careful out there.

Chilly but no snow in Beijing. Ice bikes at the Summer
by Dillon301  (2019-01-12 07:38:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Palace today. Great Dim Sum near the Four Seasons. Morning was a long time ago. Hendrick’s and tonic with Thyme at the bar.

snow is on the way to Northern VA today
by tenordrum75  (2019-01-12 07:25:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Inches seem like feet to my wimpy neighbors.

There's a big difference in driving in the DMV and driving
by Notra_Dahm  (2019-01-12 07:43:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the Chicago/South Bend corridor. There are a lot more hills and winding roads in the DMV. They don't have the equipment or know how to consistently get the road surfaces conditioned. The weather patterns in the DC area are trickier since the DMV is on a snow line, so conditions are far from uniform depending where in the area you are driving. And there are tons of people who don't have a clue how to drive in slick conditions (or even be smart pedestrians). As soon as it starts precipitating, I suggest that you precipitate your butt to the couch and plant it firmly there.

oh, I agree overall
by tenordrum75  (2019-01-12 08:19:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

being from WI though, the overall angst over a threat of a minimal or moderate snowfall is hilarious. Folks in my office were saying on Thursday that they would not be coming in on Monday.

my neighbors in the townhouse next to us are from the middle east. They once sent their daughter out to shovel a 20 inch snow with a cafeteria tray. I lent them one of my shovels, after staring in disbelief for a minute or so.

Having lived in Buffalo for twelve (long, terrible) years,
by Barney68  (2019-01-12 08:29:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I completely understand the "you must be joking" factor of folks around here. Yeah, we're south of the Mason-Dixon Line, but for crying out loud, we also have lots of storms with more than one inch of snow!

The problem is not the weather, it's the people who don't seem to learn one year to the next.

Entertaining to watch, but only if I'm not in front of their car ...