I hired a Private Investigator for the first time today.
by 3rdSt (2019-01-18 21:43:17)

It was pretty much exactly like any Noir movie you’ve ever seen. World-weary voice picked up on the first ring, I explained a rather complex observation and tracking request. It was Noon,, the site to be reconned was an hour drive from him, there was the very good potential that he’d be tailing a truck across state lines into San Diego or LA that evening, and he promised to meet my guy there by 2 pm for further info. He also set up his back-up man to relieve him
If the target didn’t move by 8 pm. Guaranteed hi-res pictures of all activity, including drone shots if needed. He’s on I-8 right now, headed west, following a milk truck.

Probably the coolest thing I’ve done in the last year.

hope he doesn't get attacked by a wookalar *
by gozer  (2019-01-19 18:03:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice. I knew I knew it, but could not remember the origin. *
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-01-20 15:53:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How much is he charging you? Expenses? *
by The Flash  (2019-01-19 17:45:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Regular occurrence in my business
by captaineclectic  (2019-01-19 16:01:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m never the guy who calls him, though.

This guy is the best in the business
by The Holtz Room  (2019-01-19 14:18:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cough it up, choppers! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-01-19 14:59:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hope the target isn't on NDN *
by NDFanSince81  (2019-01-19 11:36:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pretty sure I’m safe on that one. *
by 3rdSt  (2019-01-19 13:26:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They’re Watching You *
by HennaOrNo  (2019-01-19 11:32:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They see your every move *
by socal_doubledomer74  (2019-01-19 12:41:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Similar [v]
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-01-19 11:21:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You must be in Dire Straits
by graNDfan  (2019-01-19 10:26:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a mystery to me
The game commences
For the usual fee
Plus expenses
Confidential information
It's in a diary
This is my investigation
It's not a public inquiry
I go checking out the reports
Digging up the dirt
You get to meet all sorts
In this line of work
Treachery and treason
There's always an excuse for it
And when I find the reason
I still can't get used to it
And what have you got at the end of the day?
What have you got to take away?
A bottle of whiskey and a new set of lies
Blinds on the window and a pain behind the eyes
Scarred for life
No compensation
Private investigations

Are you saying it’s Money for Nuthin? *
by Jvan  (2019-01-19 10:53:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wouldn't ELDs remove the need for the PI?
by mobscene  (2019-01-19 01:58:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Assuming you're tracking class 8 tractors, how are they not running ELDs with GPS coordinates and corresponding gps and geo fencing?

Would he have ready access if it’s a 3rd party carrier? *
by Ratinatux  (2019-01-19 08:29:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s a good point, but we also need evidence of hook up
by 3rdSt  (2019-01-19 08:12:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On both ends.

If they would be classified ag, I don’t think they need that
by Jeash  (2019-01-19 07:54:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

stuff.

I don’t think there is an exemption for Ag *
by Ratinatux  (2019-01-19 08:24:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is for livestock haulers, but not commodity trucks. *
by 3rdSt  (2019-01-19 08:29:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A dick? *
by doolinbanjos  (2019-01-18 23:58:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm a brother Seamus! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-01-19 00:16:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

An Irish monk? *
by Flat8  (2019-01-19 07:15:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No, but I met one once. Nice guy. *
by Seamus  (2019-01-19 15:56:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Way cooler than tracking workers' comp cheats playing
by Raoul  (2019-01-18 23:29:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

golf on a Tuesday morning in LA without their supposed neck brace.

She wouldn’t cheat with a pos like Freddy Rameriez *
by bigjinx74  (2019-01-18 23:11:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The leaves weren't the only thang rustlin that night.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-01-18 22:24:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I got a call from a farmer. He put me on the trail of some hot bovines. Now, I ain't the judgemental type, but these cattle was stolen, not sexy. I had work to do that would take coffee, cigarettes, and my Aerosmith tape. Following a truck through California customs without getting noticed ain't easy, but it ain't impossible. I done it before and got a big payday when the perp turned out to be Elsie Chapo. He'd been stealin RumChata's top teats for years. He's still bakin in a Wisconsin prison to this day.

Well the job paid right, so I took it. Bethel already had a full tank, some binoculars, and a fully inflated spare if I had any trouble, so I set out for Barstow, the US's greatest city right behind Newark, Gary, and Detroilet.

Four smokes into this convoy we hit trouble...

So a milk truck is keeping you up at night? *
by El Kabong  (2019-01-18 22:07:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Smell the Dairy Air, El K! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-01-18 22:27:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A bit more complex than that. Contract violations, potential
by 3rdSt  (2019-01-18 22:16:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

violations of Federal law, millions of dollars in fines. Real dairy espionage stuff. And a lot more than one milk truck per day.

I’ll want the full scoop when you are able to give it.
by Jeash  (2019-01-18 23:56:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I figure that you can’t give me too much info, loose ships sink ships.

Yeah. I’ve already said too much.
by 3rdSt  (2019-01-19 00:01:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But these idiots aren’t going to find this site out before it’s long gone....

You mean to suggest NDN's days are numbered?! *
by Irish Tool  (2019-01-19 12:42:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Understood but put me on the list of the curious. *
by Barney68  (2019-01-19 08:26:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Skimmed milk? *
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-01-18 22:19:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When milk goes bad *
by shawno3  (2019-01-18 22:22:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sometimes people lactose morals. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-01-18 22:32:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One percenters *
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-01-18 22:48:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Collusion. Suspicious talks with some white russians.
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-01-18 22:31:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Secret negotiations about a project involving mos-cows

Herd they are in the pasture with pa's cows. *
by Irish72  (2019-01-18 22:35:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Federal crime - transporting them from one state to an udder *
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-01-18 22:49:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I heard it might be the Curds. *
by Marine Domer  (2019-01-19 01:24:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m Hereford the puns. *
by DLD  (2019-01-19 06:22:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How dairy send a PI after these guys? Must be another whey. *
by shawno3  (2019-01-19 09:43:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post