Any other DirecTVers having issues with snow on their dish?
by CaptainIrish (2019-01-19 17:06:00)

I can’t reach my dish to brush it off, so I guess I’m fooked. I hate DirecTV.

should have told the installer to put it where it can be
by gozer  (2019-01-20 14:38:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

reached. Mine is under a window so I don't even go outside to clean it.

I used to pull out the extension ladder and climb
by 1978Irish  (2019-01-20 11:14:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Up with a push broom. The dish was on our second floor roof. I tried spraying Pam on it. It didn’t work well. We ended up switching to cable because I was worried I would fall climbing the ladder in a snow storm. Our neighbor’s big maple tree died this year and we might be able to put a dish lower where I could reach it without climbing. I like Dish better than cable.

Mine is acting weird but not getting the 771 signal loss
by Killian  (2019-01-19 23:06:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Message.
Cutting in and out and not getting errors. Not sure what is going on.

I did purchase a long extending handle for a broom that I use for snow when the dish gets covered though.

youtubeTV *
by ndlarryj  (2019-01-19 21:41:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Once cleared, spray with Pam *
by fontoknow  (2019-01-19 21:10:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jigaloo (link)
by TAR  (2019-01-19 21:50:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Push broom on an extension pole. Also spray with jigaloo *
by TAR  (2019-01-19 18:46:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's what I used to do when I had DirecTV
by Vermin96  (2019-01-19 18:28:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I looked online and saw a recommendation to buy one of those super soaker toy guns, fill it up with warm water and shoot it at the dish. This assumes that your dish can be reached by the stream of the super soaker.

Better to stand on your roof and
by MDDomer  (2019-01-20 07:39:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pee on it

Yep. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2019-01-19 19:32:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It happens
by Smokin_Clover  (2019-01-19 17:14:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Luckily my dish is in my front yard so when it ices up I can just go brush it off. I actually like directv a lot but I get the frustration.