Aren't careful decisions supposed to be selective...
by ufl (2019-01-21 11:51:56)

In reply to: But it is selective.  posted by mustangman

..that is, what would be judged appropriate for a building housing the history department might not be appropriate for a visitor center or under the dome?

I think you're trying to pigeonhole the folks who made this decision into your view of a group of people who may be rather different.

I think it was a hollow and spineless decision.
by mustangman  (2019-01-21 18:26:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If the murals have been a topic of discussion for years, a decision should have been done long ago. It just smacks of poor leadership.

You make up your own narrative. Good for you. *
by 3rdSt  (2019-01-21 23:03:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s both an unstoppably broad slippery slope
by captaineclectic  (2019-01-21 14:43:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

AND unfairly selective!

Yes. *
by mustangman  (2019-01-21 18:26:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think you may have missed the conflict...
by ufl  (2019-01-22 09:05:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..between those notions which the captain was attempting to highlight.