Oh wise BR, Rome, Italy Hotel Recommendations please
by KHarpForND (2019-01-21 22:30:26)

I recall a thread on here not too long ago re: good hotel recommendations for Rome, but I cannot seem to find it. I am going for 2 nights alone for business and would prefer something in/near the heart of Rome that would allow me to "soak it all in". I also seem to recall one that had an awesome rooftop restaurant?

Thanks in advance for any recs/advice.

Hotel Albergo del Senato
by sjdomer  (2019-01-22 14:11:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Overlooks the Pantheon. Highly recommend.

Sophia Loren’s Fun Motel. Free color TV *
by Frank Drebin  (2019-01-22 11:21:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you all *
by KHarpForND  (2019-01-22 10:41:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Marriot Grand Hotel Flora
by plaid_pants  (2019-01-22 00:39:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It sits atop the via Veneto with the Aurelian Wall and the Villa Borghese right across the street and a short walk to the Trinita dei Monti atop the Spanish steps.

Rooftop breakfast buffet is 60 euros but spectacular and with spectacular views. I could eat enough to last until dinner.

Only 60 Euros for breakfast. What a bargain! *
by sprack  (2019-01-22 09:26:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hey. Bread, fruit and coffee aint cheap. *
by usmcirish  (2019-01-22 10:21:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hotel Campo de Fiori is the place you are thinking about
by JC_90_94  (2019-01-21 23:45:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My wife and I stayed there in 2016 on BR recommendation. It was perfect - great location.

Don't think twice, just stay here!!
by EE Trumpet  (2019-01-22 17:28:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My wife and I stayed there based on BR recommendations. Clean, modern, fantastic location.

Thank you!! *
by KHarpForND  (2019-01-22 10:40:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We stayed there in 2017 and are headed back in April
by Beer30Light  (2019-01-22 10:07:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The location, service, complimentary breakfast, etc. are the best. This may be the best recommendation the Back Room has to offer.

And just to be clear for the original poster, there's no rooftop restaurant, but it does have a large rooftop patio open to all guests with a fantastic view of the entire city in all directions. You can either bring your own snacks and booze to enjoy up there or have drinks and snacks brought up for you by the hotel.

Mrs. irishguard78 and I stayed here as well. Very nice. *
by irishguard78  (2019-01-22 11:34:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The roof bar at the Hotel Raphael off Piazza Navona
by voidoid  (2019-01-22 11:04:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is another great spot in Rome to watch the sunset - you get a view of every major dome in the city. It's about a block west heading out of the northwest corner of the piazza. The cocktails are good, but their mineral water list is exceptional (broken down by region, like a wine list.)

Highly recommended *
by wildesilas  (2019-01-22 08:03:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As any ND arkie will tell you
by voidoid  (2019-01-22 07:25:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

staying in or around the Campo di Fiori is the best base of operations for a visit to Rome. It is centrally located to just about every place you will want to walk - Vatican to the west, Forum and Coliseum east, Borghese Gardens north and Trastavere south.