Mickelson finishes off PGA Tour career win #44 at age 48
by Tony Almeida (2019-02-11 12:20:50)

While not comparing to Tiger's greatness, but Phil has now been in the top 50 rankings since 1993. That is quite a feat. He is ranked 6th this year in driving distance which is unheard of at his age. This could be a very fun professional golf season.

He loves Pebble Beach
by Charlie Hough  (2019-02-11 15:24:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And with the U.S. Open there this year it might be his last chance to complete the career grand slam. It's at Winged Foot next year ..........

Phil is #9 all time in PGA wins, but has never been #1.
by 84david  (2019-02-11 14:15:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Astonishing given the long list of former #1s in the game now that have far fewer wins (except Tiger of course).

Do golfers care about that?
by bluengold07  (2019-02-11 18:58:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I always likened it to being ranked #1 during the college football season - essentially meaningless.

I would think that Montie and Greg Norman would trade in all their days at #1 for a few more majors (or one in Montie's case).

I think it's a nice feather in one's cap
by bizdomer09  (2019-02-11 20:14:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but doesn't come remotely close to winning a major. I also think for Phil his career is distinguished enough that not having been #1 has no bearing whatsoever on anything for him - how he's perceived, respect, career fulfillment, etc. It's just a fun and interesting fact, as offered by 84david.

And it will always be excused because he paralleled Tiger *
by NDoggie78  (2019-02-12 09:34:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His longevity is truly remarkable.
by johnnysalami  (2019-02-11 13:22:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Age 48 doing what he is doing blows my mind.

What, like Roger Clemens remarkable? How dare you! *
by Irish Tool  (2019-02-11 13:27:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's juicing on Enbrel. *
by Bacchus  (2019-02-11 17:52:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post