I would be shocked if the jerk didn't receive lifetime
by catripledomer (2019-02-11 14:07:28)

In reply to: Update on my son and the soccer coach  posted by wcnitz

The fact that he still thinks he should be allowed to coach in the next 2 years is a really bad sign.

I wouldn't be shocked if he got off with a wrist slap
by Irishlawyer  (2019-02-12 18:57:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The soccer world is nothing but a good 'ol boys network. They pay lots and lots of lip service to doing the right thing, protecting refs, stopping abusive coaches, and putting kids first, but the truth is, the big clubs have lots of power and the big time coaches have lots of friends.

I hope that this guys gamble blows up in his face, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the fix is in.

In this case it seems to be getting handled well
by wcnitz  (2019-02-12 21:05:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The club terminated him right after his suspension, which came about a week after the incident.

That's excellent. I hope it works out for you both. *
by irishlawyer  (2019-02-12 23:17:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post