I'm open to suggestions on best places to go/look at
by ConnorMacManus (2019-02-12 12:07:22)

In reply to: Where in WYO are you headed for Elk? *  posted by BIGSKYND

I'd have a preference for Wind River/Teton area if possible, as my father and I had previously spent time in that area and he loved it.

By the way I'd check on elk license applications now ...
by BIGSKYND  (2019-02-12 12:42:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

IIRC in Wyoming it's the beginning of the year but I could be wrong.

January 31st was the deadline. All WY nonresident tags
by ndchaos  (2019-02-12 17:46:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are by draw. Look at 2020.

Ugh - good to know.
by ConnorMacManus  (2019-02-12 18:36:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll look into this to see if there are any special circumstances or ways to get tags through guides. Or just plan for 2020.

I just moved back to the USA about two months ago after nearly 4 years abroad, so this is my first chance to plan this out and I'm trying to pin it down quickly for these exact reasons.

I'll check with a climbing buddy ...
by BIGSKYND  (2019-02-12 12:37:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he bow hunts the suckers in the Snake River Range/Wyoming Range area.