using the plastic from the cleaners helps *
by DBCooper (2019-02-12 14:37:47)

In reply to: ? For the seasoned air travelers. Packing a suit  posted by The Holtz Room

This user did not provide content for this post

This is correct
by HTownND  (2019-02-12 16:17:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And get a bag that can handle suits without creases.

Go to the 1:00 mark for the inside section:

Anything that has a system that folds horizontally, when coupled with the plastic from the cleaners and you should be set.

Yep. Suits and shirts go horizontal. Everything else folded *
by NDFanSince81  (2019-02-13 08:44:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is what I do
by Bmoreirish  (2019-02-12 18:46:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The investment in the suitcase has been well worth it, I travel confidently that my suit will arrive ready to wear. I used to bring it in a suit bag and ask a flight attendant to hang it up for me, but found that airlines became less and less accommodating of that request.

They are ridiculous about it now
by HTownND  (2019-02-13 11:07:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even if you have status and are sitting in first class, they still look at you funny if you ask to hang a small garment bag.

This is exactly what I've been doing for 20 years without
by milhouse  (2019-02-12 17:03:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

any significant wrinkles. Hanging it overnight usually takes care of anything residual. Same thing for dress shirts.

That's my trick
by Brandon  (2019-02-12 15:01:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I use a plastic cover from the dry cleaners and put my suit under that. Then I place that plastic inside of a plastic or cloth suit garment bag that zips up. I fold the garment bag over once, sometimes twice (depending on size of luggage I'm packing it in) until it fits inside of my bag. I've never had a problem with wrinkling and I think the plastic slip is what's key because it creates a barrier and clings, eliminating the friction from rubbing against other materials or other parts of the suit.

I do the same aproach as Brandon *
by mike-nd  (2019-02-12 15:13:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post