The most useful trick ...
by Ofcr. Tim McCarthy (2019-02-12 14:59:56)

In reply to: ? For the seasoned air travelers. Packing a suit  posted by The Holtz Room

... is to use the shower at the hotel to steam the suit upon arrival. Works for shirts too. You need an hour to do it, to allow for drying time, but as long as you've folded it well enough to prevent severe creases, this does the trick nicely.

ghetto cleaners
by DBCooper  (2019-02-12 15:29:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have been doing this since college. Love it.

Yes. But don't forget about it.
by stedsman  (2019-02-12 15:24:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I did that once, closed the door, and then forgot about it and went out to dinner. I came back to the steam bath. My suit was practically sopping wet and the bathroom door was warped.

Just make sure you do it correctly
by donger  (2019-02-12 15:22:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My (idiot) friend was advised of that tip by others while on cruise. He had a wrinkled dress shirt and a group was going to grab a nice dinner. As they walked to dinner, my friend admitted that the tip worked but he wasn't sure that it was worth it. His shirt was completely soaked and dripping - because he didn't realize the shirt was to be hung outside of the shower. I even think it was a singles cruise; I don't think he did well that night.

Hilarious *
by son of galway  (2019-02-12 15:41:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this works *
by discNDav  (2019-02-12 15:22:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post