What to do in Louisville?
by Dutch (2019-02-16 20:52:46)

I'm in Louisville until Monday with my family of 5. We already saw a Louisville basketball game and took the Louisville Slugger factory tour. We're going to Mammoth Cave tomorrow afternoon. Any recommendations for what to do tomorrow evening or Monday morning? Bonus points for any good liquor store recommendations where I can some of the Buffalo Trace products that are hard to to find elsewhere. Thanks.

Against The Grain Brewery is pretty good.
by blammm  (2019-02-18 13:16:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Same building as Louisville Slugger Field.

Two chicks at the same time *
by The Magic Rat  (2019-02-17 14:47:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mass at the Cathedral of the Assumption. They have a
by irishintheville  (2019-02-17 10:24:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

museum of the archdiocese across the street on 5th between Muhammad Ali and Liberty streets. Try the Frazier History Museum or the Museum of Natural Science both on Main. Glassworks on Market St is a good option to see glass blowing techniques and you can make your own objects or have some made. If you’re into zip lining do the mega cavern underground by the zoo off Poplar Level Road. Happy to chat if you want to discuss.

Knob Creek Gun Range
by Hatchetman  (2019-02-17 09:06:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While the machine gun show is not for a few months, you can rent just about any gun you want and practice on their outdoorrange. You will understand the term Guntucky after that visit.

Bourbon and full auto guns, America. *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-02-17 10:03:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My kids enjoyed the zoo *
by ndzippy  (2019-02-17 08:21:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bourbon and baseball bats! That's what Luhvill does! *
by Irish Tool  (2019-02-17 08:11:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go to the distillery
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-02-16 22:52:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s hands down the best distillery/brewery tour you’ll find anywhere.

As far as Buffalo Trace, you should be able to find it in
by JACC1203  (2019-02-16 21:49:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the larger chain liquor stores in Louisville (e.g.- Liquor Barn). If not, go to Old Town Liquors on Bardstown Rd.

Parking sucks in that area but I think they have a drive thru. So if you have an idea of what you want that might be a better option than trying to find a parking space ESPECIALLY on Sunday.

Liquor Barn. More bourbons than you have ever seen
by bengalbout  (2019-02-16 21:46:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you want some really rare stuff, go to the counter. They are a local chain, but if you like bourbon ( and who doesn’t), you will be in heaven. I recommend GeorgeT Stagg or Stagg Jr if they have it

I love that place *
by wildesilas  (2019-02-17 14:43:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"I recommend George T Stagg if they have it". Lol *
by carroll2005  (2019-02-17 12:37:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I pick it up often at the Liquor Barn near my house
by bengalbout  (2019-02-17 13:46:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They have a "release day" which I never go near. But they reserve bottles to put out during the course of the year. Same with Pappy.

I look when I go to buy wine. Usually give it away for Christmas as I am not a big bourbon drinker.

Thanks. George T. Stagg is one of my favorites.
by Dutch  (2019-02-16 22:00:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll be delighted if they have it.

Kentucky Derby Museum *
by celtic cross  (2019-02-16 21:27:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Porcini’s Italian Restaurant. If a strange woman tries to
by TAR  (2019-02-16 21:04:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have sex with you there, don’t fall for it. It’s a trap.

Good advice for Olive Garden as well *
by DakotaDomer  (2019-02-17 05:59:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Boy, if I had a dollar for every time ...
by PWK2  (2019-02-17 08:11:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd still be broke.

Right down the leg *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-02-16 22:30:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good suggestion, but the boys might be too young for that *
by Dutch  (2019-02-16 21:18:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s just part of the Louisville basketball experience *
by TAR  (2019-02-16 21:26:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post