Follow up on youth soccer coaching for wcnitz and others
by graNDfan (2019-02-17 09:10:36)

Coached my son’s indoor house team yesterday against the Power indoor team yesterday. For those reading - the club was created late last year by a former Fire coach who was suspended for given his team energy drinks with out the parents knowledge because they seemed a little lackluster that day. The incident eventually lead to major fallout for the club including the resignation of all of the board members.

Anyway, we got smoked, which was not surprising - we have a core of 6 that play JV at our school and the rest are kids who signed up with no team. It was our first time together so we can build on what we learned.

It was interesting watching him - he was not the primary coach listed for the team. He did seem to take over once the game started. I know the same coaching rules don’t apply to the this indoor league but I figured this may be the pattern for the coming outdoor leagues. I hope the league figures that out. That said, he’s got a huge amount of talent on that team.
They will be a force.

FWIW
by wcnitz  (2019-02-17 18:34:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From last month's board minutes: MI Power Futbol update - Motion made to reverse our decision to accept MI Power Futbol Academy as a club in GVSA. Motion passes.

I’m shocked I say! *
by graNDfan  (2019-02-17 19:52:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm guessing...
by wcnitz  (2019-02-17 22:52:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They asked the club to detail his involvement after giving them a pre-emptive yes. They did not get the detail they asked for, or they did not get the answer they wanted. So they're out.

Just a guess on my part, though, based on the wording last month and this month.