I’m visiting treasure island right now, just outside Tampa
by DBCooper (2019-02-18 10:29:14)

In reply to: Really? I would've thought that'd be Tampa.  posted by captaineclectic

It’s certainly got more senior citizens and beach bums than your normal town, but it’s oretty nice. I can’t say what it would mean to raise kids here, but my wife’s cousin and my godson here seem to be getting by just fine. Plenty of good restaurants, though focused more on beach dining, good amount of museums (Dali and ringling brothers come to mind), plenty of family friendly things to do outside of the beach, and you have plenty of pro sports, shows, and other night time entertainment.

Sarasota or Clearwater. Even Napes or Ft. Myers.
by ACross  (2019-02-18 12:22:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Other than that, what BI said. Treasure Coast.

Sarasota is full of people from my area, hard pass. *
by Jeash  (2019-02-18 13:40:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I like people from your area *
by ACross  (2019-02-18 14:30:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was going to say this.
by OCND  (2019-02-18 10:48:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I personally like Pinellas County (Clearwater and the beaches) better than Tampa. Treasure Island is great, and so is Madeira Beach, which is right across John's Pass. It's touristy, but if the beach is your thing, it's pretty great. Tampa is easily accessible, and the Rays are in St. Pete.