Treasure Coast
by BeijingIrish (2019-02-18 10:39:37)

In reply to: I'm having an existential crisis.  posted by Tex Francisco

Don't live in Florida if you don't live on the ocean. The best places are on the Treasure Coast--Stuart, Jensen Beach, Vero Beach, etc.

But go ahead and live in Orlando if you want to. There you can spend days drenched in sweat, being eaten alive by mosquitos, and listening to the growl of giant reptiles who want to bite your legs off.

My mom is retiring to Vero next month.
by Killian  (2019-02-18 12:42:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We will be down for a week helping her get settled. Any recommendations in the area for food, drink, activities? We will be doing a Cardinals game one day down in Jupiter but I have never been in the Vero area.

Second Across' recommendations plus a couple more
by rflor  (2019-02-18 13:35:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We vacation in Vero every 2-3 years

Steak (if you absolutely need it...too many good seafood places) -- Vero Prime
Breakfast -- Lemon Tree

A couple recs
by ACross  (2019-02-18 13:08:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Citrous Grillhouse and the Ocean Grill (more old school, but right smack dab on the water).

Please don’t say that.
by pbfnd  (2019-02-18 12:41:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s where I grew up and plan to move back in retirement, at least part of the year. Stuart and Vero are far enough from Palm Beach and Orlando, respectively, that they’ve been spared some of the really bad growth. All of the rest of you stay away.

Wise man *
by ACross  (2019-02-18 12:20:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seconded. *
by PeteatND  (2019-02-18 10:57:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post