read every John Sandford, Robert Crais, Michael Connelly
by CLOVERBOY (2019-03-23 23:40:34)

Novel...Any recommendations?

Read the Edgar Award winners and nominees
by saltwaterfarm  (2019-03-24 20:54:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

which are the best mysteries of the year and usually are not one hit wonders. T. jefferson Parker, James Lee Burke, C.J box, William Kent Krueger, Dick Francis plus a bunch of others. Even the nominees are quite good. Google it online.

I just read Bluebird by Attica Locke and Before the fall by Noah Hawley which are recent winners for best mystery. They are awesome.

I have come late to Ian Rankin and Ken Bruen but I like them.

James Lee Burke becomes tiresome after a long while but he is one of our best writers and contains the singlemost interesting side player in Clete Purcell. Much more interesting than Robert B. Parkers Hawk.

my opinion

But don't tell Hawk. Also, Harlan Coben, Greg Iles *
by ODSCHOOL  (2019-03-25 17:55:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just finished bingeing CJ Box. A treat. *
by ODSCHOOL  (2019-03-25 17:02:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nesbo, Ian Rankin, Stu McBride, Stuart Neville, ...
by Rocksteady74  (2019-03-24 20:22:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... Paul Cleave, Christopher Brookmyre, and Adrian McKinty

Daniel Silva - Gabriel Allon series *
by SixShutouts66  (2019-03-24 13:26:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Approved by Atticus and myself * *
by ODSCHOOL  (2019-03-25 17:01:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jo Nesbo *
by SCOTTSDALE  (2019-03-24 13:08:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A.J. Quinnell's Man on Fire series *
by milhouse  (2019-03-24 11:55:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lee Child *
by Jvan  (2019-03-24 10:17:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree - Jack Reacher is a bad ass - and he travels light. *
by mkovac  (2019-03-24 20:33:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post