Sling Tv vs Hulu live
by meatwhistle (2019-03-24 10:00:59)

I’m sure it’s been discussed, but does anybody have a strong preference?

Hulu and it ain't close
by NDbias  (2019-03-25 11:51:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sling seemed to constantly be in beta mode. Ramped up too fast and their service was really sub-par to the point where you couldn't rely on it to last through a game you really cared about watching. Plus the channel issues mentioned below. Felt like I could never get in market teams with Sling, even if I could it would just be cutting in and out.

Related question - best Roku streaming device? *
by Georgia Hog  (2019-03-24 15:20:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I recently bought Roku Stick +
by mclusky  (2019-03-25 06:50:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My PS4 was having trouble streaming, so I decided to get the Roku+ along with Hulu Live so I could watch some NCAA tournament games. The stick is so much faster than my PS4. It's exceeded my expectations. The only thing I have noticed is the CBS live feed for Hulu Live is pretty bad. It doesn't buffer but it looks much worse than every other channel. I think this might be a CBS problem though.

I'm not having the same issue as you
by catripledomer  (2019-03-25 11:13:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just started using Hulu through our Xbox and it has worked extremely well and the quality has been as good as other stations for me.

Interesting.
by mclusky  (2019-03-25 12:18:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Every other station looks just as good as cable ever did except for CBS. I found a bunch of reddit threads with users complaining about the quality of their CBS feed, so I figured it wasn't just me. I wonder what the deal is.

YouTubeTV over either by a long shot. *
by bleedsgreen04  (2019-03-24 13:16:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fubo TV in the running also *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-03-24 15:12:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seconded *
by Patrick Bateman  (2019-03-24 14:35:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sling does not have all local channels in my market
by njnd96  (2019-03-24 11:37:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Sling only has CBS and FOX in my area, Hulu live has all 4 major local channels (but doesn't have AMC). Not necessarily a deal breaker for all, but something to consider. All streaming services are basically the same, the only variations are the channel offerings and slight price differences. My advice is to look through the channel list and just pick the one with the most channels that you like.

Sling does not have BTN, and Hulu live does.
by Tex Francisco  (2019-03-24 10:22:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So if not supporting BTN is important to you, then Sling is the better option.