Szczęśliwy dzień dyngus!
by Jess (2019-04-22 08:04:09)

Happy Dyngus Day, as they say in The Bend.

The board(s) have been sanitized recently, so any "hits" I got when searching NDN for Dyngus day are no longer with us (). Ah well.

Gotta make some haluszki for da ladies at da bingo, don't ya know. Maybe I'll smoke dat kielBAHsa and patayda sassidge for dem. Dey sure 'preciate it, ennit?

I never heard of Dyngus Day until I moved to South Bend
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2019-04-23 08:58:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I grew up in a Polish-American household in an area with thousands of Poles. We celebrated plenty of holiday traditions but Dyngus Day was new to me until I experienced it in South Bend.

When I asked my grandmother how come we never celebrated Dyngus Day, she said the holiday was the Polish version of Sadie Hawkins Day. Girls could ask boys out on dates on Dyngus Day.

Back in my day, the Polish maids used to talk about Dyngus
by irishguard78  (2019-04-22 11:57:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Day.......

yes we called them maids.

Second Floor Helen in Alumni Hall was the best. Even better than Third floor Helen.

Helen, Helen, Helen
by TAR  (2019-04-22 13:17:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A classic crowd pleaser my band sometimes pulls out when the crowd is in the Polka mood

Our singer has some more risqué lyrics though

Heading down to the Cleveland festival later today
by garbageplate  (2019-04-22 09:27:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm debating whether to steal the kishka.

Which will answer the age old question...
by dbldomer7375  (2019-04-22 10:48:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post