For reference, Danaerys/Emilia Clarke in season 1
by FaytlND (2019-04-22 08:27:07)

In reply to: Agreed but  posted by The Holtz Room

are almost a direct analog to Arya/Maisie Williams this season as far as character and actor ages. So to say that this scene is the one that turned people off really calls into question the use of nudity in the series as a whole. This is a reasonable point of discussion, and one that's certainly been discussed before.

Emilia Clark was 24, Maisie Williams was 21.
by drbravo2  (2019-04-22 18:21:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A 24 year old you've never seen before vs a 21 year old you've been watching since she was 13 is very different.

Mitigating situation in each case - watching Arya grow
by Bluntschli  (2019-04-22 12:41:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

up definitely made this episode creepier. OTOH the scene itself was pretty normal and natural, and Dany's was decidedly not.

I'm surprised that Dany was 18, though - I assume they upped her age for the show, probably for that reason? I thought she was 14 or so in the books. The fact that Arya was younger in the books as well didn't affect me as much as it did other posters. I haven't read them in years, they were ponderous and it was difficult to keep track of how much time had elapsed, and they never reached this point.

***edit*** Mitigating is obviously not the correct word. Not having any luck finding the word I was actually looking for. Getting old is hell.