Jura coffe machine alternative
by ColoNDFan (2019-04-22 11:46:29)

Went to my uncles place for Easter yesterday and had an unbelievably good cup of coffee from his Jura Coffee Machine. Well after looking them up I'm not going to spend $2k on a coffee machine.

So, does anyone know a good, cheaper alternative that does a nice frothy brew for a reasonable price?

I have a Breville 870XL that I like a lot.
by VTND  (2019-04-22 19:31:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a semiautomatic machine, with a built in grinder. It gets heavy, daily use and it's held up well over the years. It typically sells for around $600.

We have a Gaggia Accademia.
by PWK2  (2019-04-22 14:31:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We've had it for about six years, and it's a workhorse. It's never been serviced. And it's significantly cheaper. It is classified as a super automatic, essentially one touch brewing.

Back when I was picking a machine, the Juras had problems and needed frequent repairs, although they are a very nice looking espresso maker.

A step down from yours, I have a Gaggia Brera
by tommy gee  (2019-04-22 14:43:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

love it

Try this site
by catripledomer  (2019-04-22 12:20:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great reviews and helpful content and reviews.

I bought a reconditioned Gaggia Titanium from them 4 years ago for our office. It has been through over 6,500 cycles since then and no problems whatsoever. It is a great machine that makes a very nice cup of coffee. I think I paid $500 for it at that time.