we did a Disney cruise in January
by smiley (2019-04-23 11:19:20)

In reply to: Disney cruise  posted by domer4

We have done many cruises, on many lines. The Disney cruise is amazing. We did the New Years cruise, and it was like twice as much as the other ones at the same time. We had 10, 8, 7, and 5.
As with most things Disney... it is expensive, but worth it.

On Day 2 of the cruise my oldest puked in the kids club, and was too sick to go back all week. (We only did the 4 day cruise.) That being said, when we left, he said "that was the best cruise ever" and I think it was his 9th or 10th.

Honestly, the kid club is ridiculous... it is huge, there are rooms for different things... Life size Andy's room from Toy Story, a Fairy room with a tree and stuff, you can drive the Millennium Falcon, they had cooking classes, and the characters come down and do story time and it is pretty awesome. The shows on the boat were great. The food was very good as well.

Honestly, I would love to do it again. However, I don't think I would spend the money during the peak of cold and flu season. My family goes on a New Years Cruise annually... and about 40-50% of the times we have been sick... to the point where you can't enjoy more than a day... so, to spend as much as you will spend on a Disney cruise... I think it is worth waiting until closer to spring.. in the hopes that cold/flu season is over. But that is just a take from a mom of 4 who has spent many days in her cabins because of sick kids.

But Disney is awesome!