John Wick 3 is insane
by Irishted (2019-05-19 09:08:41)

-ly awesome.

For those who love these types of movies, you'll really love this one.

It is a good new entry in The Raid series *
by Mark_It_Zero  (2019-05-19 19:04:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was supposed to see it at a preview showing
by RocketShark  (2019-05-19 18:12:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but things were too hectic. Both the good and bad reviews make it sound like I'll enjoy it very much.

John Wick needs a prequel
by irishrock  (2019-05-19 14:19:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven’t seen 3 but love 1 and 2

But I’d love to get a prequel that would explain some/many things

One problem is that villain from movie 1 has died

His wife died, then he got a dog. *
by Bruno95  (2019-05-20 06:04:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do you have to have seen 1&2 first? I have not seen 1
by usmcirish  (2019-05-19 13:57:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I have 2 DVR'd, but not yet watched.

Was going to watch 2 first.

I suppose if you want to understand all the nuances of the
by Irishted  (2019-05-19 14:43:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

John Wick world-building universe, then yes. But for good, normal people who just want to see amazing fights and ultra-violent killings, then obviously no.

Former elite assassin leaves the business to settle down with his wife and little puppy. Bad guys kill wife and puppy. Then elite assassin goes apeshit against the bad people.

There, you're all caught up.

EDIT: The wife gets a terminal disease and before dying leaves elite assassin a puppy to remember her by. Bad guys kill the puppy and elite assassin then goes apeshit.

Slight nit
by raygun  (2019-05-19 15:38:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The bad guys don't kill his wife. She dies, presumably from cancer, and as a dying gift gives John the puppy. Otherwise spot on.

Correct.
by Irishted  (2019-05-19 16:11:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can tell how important plot is to me for these movies.

Thanks!!! I feel like I have seen 1 & 2. All you
by usmcirish  (2019-05-19 14:55:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

had to say was bad guys kill puppy. Any subsequent ultra violent killings are completely welcome and justified.

I thought it was lame, especially the ending. They attempted
by ej  (2019-05-19 11:47:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a congruent arc to the storyline but they could have done a much better job exploring his past and making it more interesting. The dogs were awesome but the fighting lacked tension becoming stale and saturated like being in a candy store. My son fell asleep in the later half of the movie.

I am biased because I wanted him to take it to the high table. Winston should not have it both ways. 1 > 2 >>> 3.

Agree with the sea mammal. You’re high. *
by Irishted  (2019-05-19 12:36:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Off topic: Did you ever go shoot at Palos Sportmen’s Club? *
by ej  (2019-05-19 13:53:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unfortunately no.
by Irishted  (2019-05-19 14:36:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My clay shooting has been severely limited the past couple years by the outrageous amount of time committed to chauffeuring my daughters to their various activities (most egregiously, gymnastics).

I very much want to do it at least once or twice this summer, whether at Palos or Hickory Hills or Frankfort. On a side note, I find it amusing that a lot of Chicago-area shooting clubs are named after towns they are not located in (Palos in Frankfort, Hickory Hills in Plainfield, Frankfort in Mokena, etc).

EJ and I agree...
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-19 12:46:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on wanting him to take it to the high table.

Desert strolls don't look all that fun.

Gotta save something for 4. *
by Irishted  (2019-05-19 12:55:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I honestly got nervous.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-19 13:09:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some trailer called it a great trilogy, so at the end I messed my pantry a bit. Thank God Morpheus was my proverbial Depends.

You're high.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-19 12:10:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It rules. 1 > 3 > 2. And 3 is not far behind 1.

Sounds like you didn't like 3 for what it was, you disliked it for what it wasn't. Seems like the same complaint GoT gets.

Agree with your ranking *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-05-19 14:25:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Likewise. *
by Hati Hijau  (2019-05-19 15:46:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I probably would have enjoyed it more if I was *
by ej  (2019-05-19 13:40:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

GoT deserves complaints. John Wick Chapter 3, not so much.
by Hati Hijau  (2019-05-19 12:17:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is an action-fest. Spoiler: Maybe not for book lovers, though. Now, THAT was classic! Who needs a pencil, when you have a book?

How does it compare to the previous 2
by NDEE01  (2019-05-19 10:14:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The first was awesome, second not as good in my opinion. Where does number 3 fall?

I liked it as well as the first one.
by Irishted  (2019-05-19 11:32:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe even better because there's little expository setting up. Just gets straight to the action and killing.

I would be a different kind of assassin.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-19 12:40:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

John looks like he does much better with head trauma than I ever could. My approach would not include as much close-in combat. My marks would likely die oblivious they'd died.

Yeah, John does employ a definitive "concussion protocol." *
by Hati Hijau  (2019-05-19 15:44:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post