Where should I buy my son a tuxedo?
by goirish89 (2019-05-19 10:54:27)

He's a music student and needs a tuxedo for an Opera/Symphony program he is playing this summer. Basic black is what he needs.

Thanks in advance.

If you want simple and cheap - Burlington Coat
by NDoggie78  (2019-05-20 09:33:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe the "famous Maker" is Ralph Lauren. I found this tuxedo to fit nicely and look good quality. Bought for a wedding for which I didn't have time to shop and this was basically cheaper than a rental. If you aren't sure of sizes, buy a couple different sizes of each piece - they have free returns at their local stores.
At $130, it's not a big risk - return if you don't like

We bought our 18 year old son
by reilly  (2019-05-19 15:20:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a tux and a suit at Jos. A Banks last summer. We got the suit on clearance (apparently not many people wear a 38L jacket and 32 waist pants...), and the suit and tux combined were under $600 for decent quality.

Suit supply or eBay (nwt)
by fontoknow  (2019-05-19 11:32:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or go to a local tux shop and buy a lightly used tux. That's what I did 20 years ago with a similarly driven need

Jos A. Banks *
by airedaleman  (2019-05-19 11:10:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Buy 1 tux get 4 free! *
by Au Dome  (2019-05-19 14:02:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post