Did anyone really care who won the Preakness? Was anyone
by 1NDGal (2019-05-19 12:08:15)

No, was 100% focused on the riderless horse.
by Wooderson  (2019-05-19 16:48:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That horse, with no outside urging, kept pace, and advanced a few times. So much fun to watch.

My wife is from the Baltimore area, so she’s very over the “scene”, and I had to wake her up from a nap to get her to watch it.

That horse was alright.

If you're a jockey, and lose to a riderless horse
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2019-05-19 20:21:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't you quietly retire?

Sure. I follow the triple crown and Derby preps.
by Killian  (2019-05-19 16:09:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I get why others can’t get in to it.

Bet you never guessed where this thread was headed. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-19 13:10:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Back Room is like a box of chocolates.
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-19 13:54:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't understand why these horses aren't getting faster
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 12:45:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I want record times, not relative greatness.

I don't understand why there aren't snipers in the press
by abqgant  (2019-05-19 16:17:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

box who are instructed to shoot riderless horses.

Or better yet, jockeys who can't hang on for the ride.

Just sayin.

Chuck Schumer’s going to introduce legislation...
by BeastOfBourbon  (2019-05-19 21:46:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

requiring all jockeys to wear seat belts, in advance of the Belmont.

Covfefe broke the track record on Friday by 2 seconds
by Killian  (2019-05-19 16:05:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the Miss Preakness.

Maybe they are, but they’re just not being doped as much
by 3rdSt  (2019-05-19 13:53:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as they used to be. I can not imagine all the shady stuff that went down in horse-racing in the past, but at least they’re trying to clean it up now.

Was Secretariat doped? All horses back then? *
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 14:21:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’ve told the story before and it pissed off a lot of people
by Jeash  (2019-05-19 16:56:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know one of the vets that worked on Secretariat and he swears that he was on the juice. I’m not going to go through the whole story because I might as well insult everybody’s grandmother.

Limited gene pool
by gozer  (2019-05-19 13:21:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Might get faster if they changed the rules to allow some outside blood into thoroughbreds from other breeds for a while

If I want to watch a horse keep running
by gozer  (2019-05-19 12:18:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

after a jockey falls , I’ll watch the Grand National

I think they should eliminate jockeys altogether
by TAR  (2019-05-19 12:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just let the horses duke it out. Like the greyhounds do.

Or just let the jockeys run around in their silks...
by SB Jimbo  (2019-05-19 12:50:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...whipping each other

“Honestly I didn’t even know you could talk” *
by captaineclectic  (2019-05-19 14:48:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can’t have jockeys whipping each other.
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-05-19 13:04:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Self flagellation seems more appropriate

Finally a voice of reason. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-19 12:53:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're 180 degrees on this.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-19 12:47:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Greyhounds should have jockeys!

"Monkeys riding on dogs: The great American sport that never
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-05-19 13:02:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

made it"

In the 1930s, greyhound racing was horse racing's less-accomplished, still-ambitious sibling. More carnival spectacle than sport of kings, promoters were forced to think of ways to draw crowds.

The best strategy: monkey jockeys.

See below:

splinternews.com story linked below

My grey
by ndfaninkc  (2019-05-20 10:42:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

would have tossed that monkey in a heartbeat!

I will never not laugh at these pictures. *
by Irish Tool  (2019-05-19 21:00:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You’re a man after your time (link)
by TAR  (2019-05-19 12:56:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Notre Dame football is another option. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-19 12:22:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post