Pretty sure someone back here called this one exactly.
by 1NDGal (2019-05-19 21:43:48)

We should have had a OWHF-type pool going.

Booo. It’s like Unitarian GoT. *
by Nitschke  (2019-05-20 06:49:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Killian did a nice job with one point in particular. (link)
by milhouse  (2019-05-19 23:38:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wow. Hey, Killian, how you feel about The Bears this season? *
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-20 08:38:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I ain’t here to start no trouble.....
by Killian  (2019-05-20 11:04:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m just here to do the Super Bowl Shuffle!

MY MAN!!! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-05-20 12:38:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Newhart ending would have been better
by Groundhog  (2019-05-19 22:53:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a pointless season.

Jamie and Cersei waking up in bed the day after he
by sprack  (2019-05-20 13:12:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

pushed Bran out the window? Jamie jumps up, terrified, looks out the window and sees Bran's dead body, and sighs with relief.

You know, I like it.

Interesting symmetry for Jamie
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 22:52:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We meet him in the beginning as the "Kingslayer," and then he "created" a future king with his push of Bran out the window in episode one. I wonder if GRRM knew he was going to end up king when he had him pushed out the window.

Meanswhile, Jamie Lannister dies in the arms of the queen.

Jaime has an ASOIAF chapter
by wcnitz  (2019-05-19 22:54:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Where he was reading passages in the book that Brienne was writing in, and I believe the last one he read was about a Kingsguard who got the nickname “the kingmaker”. Don’t think that’s out of the question.

Interesting *
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 22:55:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Couple thoughts (spoilers)
by El Kabong  (2019-05-19 22:50:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess I liked it overall, but......

Bran's sudden turnaround in being interested in taking the throne was a bit unbelievable, as was the fact that Grey Worm (and the Unsullied) left Jon alive after realizing he'd killed Dany.

I suppose they had to have Yara still support Dany afterwards, because if not, the minute the Unsullied and Dothraki left for Naath, the Westerosi could have said, "eh, fuck those guys, Jon can do whatever".

When Drogon looked at Jon before it picked up Dany's body, my wife leaned over to me and said, "You gonna eat that? Cuz if not...."

I didn't even recognize Jon Arryn. I thought Edmure didn't deserve to get shit on at that council meeting.

Edmure absolutely deserved to get crap
by Steelhop  (2019-05-20 08:38:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his entire speech was entire BS and was a demonstration of how out of touch he was

1) He royally screwed but Robb Stark's plan to pull the Lannister's army out from Harrenhal back into the West so that he could either win in open combat or slip past it and get back east. You could argue this led to Robb's death because he had to escape north. If he can get the Lannister army in the west and be it. Roose Bolton probably doesn't betray him because Robb would have been in a position of strength. He likely can take boats north to retake winterfell instead of going over the Twins

2) He couldn't hit his father's funeral boat.
3) His actions to turn over Riverrun resulted in his uncles death. He essentially betrays his family for being a stooge of the Lannisters.
4) He did nothing in the Great War nor Dany's war to take KL.

In regards to Grey Worm,
by ndstein04  (2019-05-19 22:56:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He is either faster than the high school sprinter from Texas, or Jon is really, really slow. He somehow beat Jon to the red keep despite having to execute about 5 more Lannister soldiers.

Varys left a fellow eunuch his jetpack *
by charlottend  (2019-05-20 07:38:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least Hodor
by captaineclectic  (2019-05-19 22:47:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

died so a creepy body-hopping psychic parasite could install itself as unquestioned immortal god-king.

Now that its all over
by DakotaDomer  (2019-05-19 23:18:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is Hold the Door the #1 moment?

I think it has my vote

Other nominees
Burning Stannis’ armada
Drakaris (little Drogon version)
Tyrion “confesses” to Joffrey’s murder
Red Wedding
Mountain and the Viper
Arya bakes some pie

I think you are missing couple
by Steelhop  (2019-05-20 08:41:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

- Ned getting his head chopped off.
- Purple wedding
- the confirmation of R+L=J
- Sansa, Davos and Jon going to Lyanna Mormount for her troops
- Almost any scene with the Hound in it.

Sansa feeds some hungry dogs. *
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-20 08:37:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The first 20 minutes of Winds of Winter *
by doug dascenzo  (2019-05-20 08:07:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s was the high point of the show
by DBCooper  (2019-05-20 00:36:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In that it went all downhill from there

Winds of Winter was excellent, though *
by wcnitz  (2019-05-20 06:24:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Additions
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 23:54:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shame
Burning of Stannis' daughter
Dire wolf death with cubs
Pushing Bran out window
Arya cutting the candle to fight in the dark

Two different scenes in the Battle of the Blackwater:
by WilfordBrimley  (2019-05-19 23:46:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Really, three, I guess:

- Cersei and Sansa scenes
- Cersei and Tommen ("the lion and the wolf and the stag" parable)
- the Hound and Sansa scenes ("your brother was a killer", etc.)

Also, Grenn's stand against Mag the Mighty at the Wall was superb as well.

I watched Blackwater again recently. The difference in the level of writing is so stark that it's tough to believe it's the same show.

Littlefinger's execution *
by El Kabong  (2019-05-19 23:41:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hardhome. *
by Marine Domer  (2019-05-19 23:36:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which, as it turned out, was completely pointless *
by osbournecox  (2019-05-19 23:41:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What is the message Benioff and Weiss are going for here?
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-19 22:49:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whatever. I liked the two parts with animals.

Here is the message for critics
by captaineclectic  (2019-05-19 22:51:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So
by captaineclectic  (2019-05-19 22:44:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...I liked it... *
by Wooderson  (2019-05-19 22:42:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Me too, best of the season.
by circle07  (2019-05-19 23:35:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It felt like this was the episode that had all the ending material Martin gave to the show runners way back when, and it was better for it. The pacing was solid (unlike the light speed pace of the previous 5), the plot points and character developments were generally well structured, and — thank god — they finally brought in some humor. It felt like a return to the aspects that made the first couple seasons so fun.

I also think this episode shows how different the material in the books will be from what we saw in the show. Assuming Martin basically gave them this ending, clearly they didn't know how to get from A to B. Bran will almost certainly have more presence in the books leading up to becoming King, Dany will get more time to show her descent into madness, etc, etc.

Yeah, it was well fleshed out.
by Wooderson  (2019-05-20 04:56:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would like to say that I called the “melted throne” ending a few weeks back.

Every time you complain about the books, GRRM kills a Stark
by DakotaDomer  (2019-05-19 22:39:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Every time you complain about the tv show Dan and Dave make a boring character king!

At least I was surprised, I didn’t think there was any way they’d try to cause this many eye rolls.

This is like Chris winning Survivor *
by o2v4nd  (2019-05-19 22:39:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or Alejandro (spoilers)
by Inigomontoya  (2019-05-19 23:36:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not winning American Idol

It is like “Weird Al” was asked to finish Schubert’s 8th
by OldIrishFan  (2019-05-19 22:38:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Symphony

What do you when you bring a man up for trial for treason?
by Queensman  (2019-05-19 22:34:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ask him to nominate a king of course!

As for nailing the finale...there was a Free Folk Reddit forum I stumbled upon this week that apparently had leaks on this season. It had tonight's episode almost exact. I hoping for something different...no such luck.

Also instill a king of 6 kingdoms he's not from
by DakotaDomer  (2019-05-19 22:57:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And has no claim to any lands

And no army or gold

And is boring as shit

That reddit post
by DBCooper  (2019-05-19 22:38:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was out months ago and nailed pretty much everything this season. Whoever that was must have been someone heavily involved in all aspects of the season.

Was that a trial for Tyrion? *
by HTownND  (2019-05-20 11:25:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think something in post-production
by HScorpio  (2019-05-19 22:43:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On some of his(her?) posts, he said he wasn't clear on exactly what was happening because he either didn't have audio with the scene or was watching them out of order.

So I assume it was some type of editing after the principal shoot was already done.

Yeah...I heard that. Didn't know about it until last week.
by Queensman  (2019-05-19 22:42:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least it somewhat prepared me to be underwhelmed. Though the writing this season was lowering the bar anyway.

Hey...welp...at least the temptation to go back and watch some of the early seasons won't be as strong.

The leaks were almost 100% correct as well *
by ndstein04  (2019-05-19 22:33:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn’t think an ending this poor was possible.
by frosh  (2019-05-19 22:33:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There has been a lot of disappointing elements this season, but there are no redeeming qualities to this finale.

Someone said last week that they enjoyed this season because they like liking things (like Abed in Community) and I more or less agreed, but I can’t bring myself to like this.

I really hope Martin doesn’t have a heart attack before he finishes the books because he has to have something better in mind than this. I’m hopeful that the ending he has planned is quite different and that they weren’t allowed to use it in the show.

While I agree the season as a whole
by ndstein04  (2019-05-19 22:45:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was rushed and a disappointment, I find the ending somewhat satisfying. The wheel was broken by having someone who has absolutely no desire for power in charge. Sansa is doing her own thing which is ultimately what she wanted after having such a traumatic arc. Arya is in no way able to come to grips with all the death she has been involved with, and therefore sails off to explore the unknown since she can’t envision herself as part of society. And Jon gets to live out his life as a free man in his own fashion. And most importantly, as I’m sure we can all agree, he got to pet ghost and spend the rest of his life with his dog. BTW, it wouldn’t surprise me if the scene with ghost was a last minute addition due to the backlash after he left ghost without saying goodbye. Kit Harrington was supposed to host a screening of the final episode with Sophie turner (I believe), but had to cancel this week due a last minute work conflict.

Bran keeps letting on that he knew exactly how this would
by frosh  (2019-05-19 22:58:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

all play out. I guess he was cool with Dany torching Kings Landing if it meant the three eyed raven could be king? When he reincarnates, will he reinstall himself as king?

Exactly *
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-19 23:01:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Different narrative path for sure
by wcnitz  (2019-05-19 22:35:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I’d bet a pretty penny that Martin’s ending will include a dead Dany and two Starks with crowns.

The small council ending up as an episode of the office
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-05-19 22:27:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is pretty much perfect.

That scene was laughably bad
by Groundhog  (2019-05-19 22:58:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe they can rebuild the fleet using Shrute bucks.

Like fan fiction by a concussed teenager *
by captaineclectic  (2019-05-19 23:11:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do we believe that Lord Bronn can put up with this for long? *
by Irish Tool  (2019-05-19 22:45:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Meh
by wcnitz  (2019-05-19 22:24:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was very beautiful and the music was good. Outside of that...shrug?

I nailed Arya’s fate a week or two ago. Going west.

Arya is a flat earther *
by iudomer  (2019-05-19 22:57:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Spin off show. Like the Jeffersons *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-05-19 22:28:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Christine Columbus *
by osbournecox  (2019-05-19 22:27:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No murals at ND for her *
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 22:29:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cheesey ending. Needed death and despair.
by Inigomontoya  (2019-05-19 22:37:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Needed Bran to go evil and warg into Drogon.

But it was the season went. Milquetoast writing.

Drogon snitched on Jon. *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-05-19 22:23:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They yada-yadad that. *
by The Holtz Room  (2019-05-19 22:24:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So bad.
by Molly Maguires  (2019-05-19 22:00:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Up next, Tyrion grows to six feet tall.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-19 22:12:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This whole series is now a shambles.

Nothing can stop a good story
by GU82ND4ever  (2019-05-19 21:59:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Except the writers of this show!

This is actually worse than expected
by osbournecox  (2019-05-19 21:58:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If that is possible. Like a 3rd grader with an average mind wrote it

They clearly punted
by wcnitz  (2019-05-19 22:26:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Couldn’t wait to get on that sweet Disney cash.

Seven years of college down the drain. *
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-19 21:59:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lots of people go to college for 7 years! *
by osbournecox  (2019-05-19 22:02:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She needed some killin' *
by Tjmcfly  (2019-05-19 21:47:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post