I’ve got a couple half days free in Toronto in a few weeks.
by Giggity_Giggity (2019-05-19 22:12:45)

Traveling for business and left some time on the front and back ends. So...hit me with your best ideas, BR. I won’t have a car and am staying a bit outside of downtown, but can Uber all over the place.

A tip re cell phone use
by HoundDog1973  (2019-05-20 14:13:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A few years ago I was in Toronto for business, and thinking nothing of it I used my cell phone for texting a few times. No actual phone calls. When my next AT&T bill showed up it had charges of several hundred dollars for international use. I called and they reversed the charges but told me I needed a different international plan for going to Canada. I changed plans and eventually shifted to Verizon with an international plan, but it is worth checking with your carrier to see if you need an add-on to your plan.

I really enjoyed the Hockey Hall of Fame a few months ago...
by ndgenius  (2019-05-20 08:48:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if you're not a hockey fan it's probably not for you but if you are, there's a ton of great stuff to see.

Seconded - excellent suggestion *
by BIGSKYND  (2019-05-20 09:18:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Depends What You Like
by subalumt  (2019-05-20 08:17:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rogers Centre for a Jays game. Take a ride up the CN Tower beside the Rogers Centre for an outstanding view ..... on a clear day you can see Niagara area to the southwest or Newmarket to the north.

Greek Town on the Danforth, or Little Italy or China Town for ethnic food.

Museums and art galleries are great.

Like the theater? Lots to choose from downtown on King or Yonge Streets.

Ferry ride to the Islands for a nice walk.

Signed, subalumt (hint: ‘t’ is for Toronto although I don’t live there any more)

PS. Wanna talk like the locals? Toronto is pronounced ‘Toronna’

Or, as Grapes adapts it, "Torunnuh" *
by BIGSKYND  (2019-05-20 09:19:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hear the ballet is nice *
by TAR  (2019-05-19 22:41:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post