What Happened to MH 370?
by rutfilthygers (2019-06-17 11:17:27)

The Atlantic has a good, long read on the ineptness and corruption of the Malaysian investigation into the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines 370. The author also offers a plausible, evidence-based solution to the mystery.

(Spoiler Alert: The pilot did it.)

My opinion: It got all blowed up. *
by Nitschke  (2019-06-18 15:26:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My 2 takeaways
by The Holtz Room  (2019-06-17 22:56:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1) The Oceans are big. I mean really fucking big.

2) I’d have been dead years ago if I ever found a spot where $40 can get a village drunk for a day.

Thanks for posting that. Great read.

I particularly liked this bit:
by Shifty  (2019-06-17 17:13:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I asked about a motive. He had no idea. He said, “Zaharie’s marriage was bad. In the past he slept with some of the flight attendants. And so what? We all do. You’re flying all over the world with these beautiful girls in the back. But his wife knew.”

Me:

Very well written *
by ufl  (2019-06-17 14:47:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had the time, good read. *
by discNDav  (2019-06-17 14:39:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Disappointed author didn’t finish article by blaming Davie *
by Frank Drebin  (2019-06-17 14:17:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree. An obvious conclusion. He lost all credibility. *
by drmurray  (2019-06-18 09:32:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Occams razor. *
by Inigomontoya  (2019-06-17 15:30:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's interesting that the wreckage hasn't been found.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-06-17 13:58:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's sad to say but the story about the captain, which came out after the crash, it probably the correct one.

It's also a sad story about the Malaysian government.

Figures...the Atlantic throwing stones at the Pacific.
by Inigomontoya  (2019-06-17 12:49:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

East coast bias at it again, so transparent.

Or did it go down in the Indian Ocean?

Either way the Atlantic is clearly jealous.

Good read. Glad I took the time. *
by 76AlumND  (2019-06-17 12:49:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you. A good read and the most informative I've seen.
by The Flash  (2019-06-17 12:38:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What religious psychosis leads reptilians like Fariq Hamid, the first
officer, or Zaharie Ahmad Shah to commit suicide to murder hundreds of
innocents unrelated to the Muslim's insanity? What did Muhammed inspire the
psychotics?

By my count the article contains more than 10,000 words
by ufl  (2019-06-17 17:48:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but "Muslim", "Islam" and "Mohammed" are not among them.

Whence the notion that this was a motivating factor?

Location and trending *
by The Flash  (2019-06-18 15:20:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

William Langewiesche is one of the best in the business
by crazychester  (2019-06-17 11:59:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will generally read anything he writes.

Thanks for posting this .....
by BIGSKYND  (2019-06-17 11:38:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

among other things, I wasn't aware that several more pieces had been id'd after the first two.