Bluetooth workout headphone/earbud recommendations
by volley (2019-06-17 16:38:08)

The gym I go to plays a Top 40 radio station and today's hits just aren't motivating me. What type of earbud/headphones do you recommend for working out? I'm less interesting in sound quality than I am in comfort.

I'm happy with these Anker earbuds
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2019-06-18 09:27:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are often on sale with a coupon code as well.

Carry around a speaker.
by Anthro_domer  (2019-06-17 18:32:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because screw everyone else. Be the alpha.

Not now chief, I'm in the f@cking zone
by miamioh_irishfan  (2019-06-18 10:45:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How'd the house hunt go last week?

Personally I hate the earbuds that go inside your ear
by NDEE01  (2019-06-17 17:10:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they never fit right for me. I got these instead:

https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-BackBeat-Headphones-Sweatproof-Waterproof/dp/B07FTTPVGG/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2LSQ0DSWCTO1Y&keywords=backbeat+fit+2100&qid=1560805790&s=gateway&sprefix=backbeat+fit%2Caps%2C228&sr=8-2

The added benefit is that they are sweatproof.

I will second this recommendation.
by ndsax707  (2019-06-17 23:51:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The only downside for you is that they are not noise isolating, so you're going to have to crank them up to drown out the top 40 at the gym. For running outside they are great.

True motivation comes from within . . . *
by Shifty  (2019-06-17 17:06:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've been using Soundpeats for 2.5 years
by tenn_subway  (2019-06-17 16:49:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good battery, good design, worn't come out of your ears, decent sound, don't fail despite how much I sweat.

Less than $30 on Amazon

Those, plus this accessory, make for a very solid option
by ndzippy  (2019-06-17 17:08:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This thing has been a godsend...it does a better job of keeping my earbuds from falling out than any other design I've tried (and I've tried a bunch of them).

Plus, it's nice to be able to pull your earbuds out of your ears and let them dangle safely (rather than having to keep track of them).

Well worth the ~$20 investment.

These were a pleasant surprise for me.
by mocopdx  (2019-06-17 16:48:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dirt cheap and have been thoroughly abused for two years by my sweaty head, my gym bag, etc. and they're still holding up great. The sound quality is good, especially for $20, and I'm someone who appreciates my $200 Sennheisers when I'm in the office.

Seconded. Great value. *
by Ryno  (2019-06-17 22:02:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mpow. Inexpensive, decent sound, light weight. Link
by The Holtz Room  (2019-06-17 16:43:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They can withstand being tossed around in a work/gym bag.