2010 travel team means birth year. *
by Steelhop (2019-06-17 21:54:48)

In reply to: Your 8 year old son made the 2010 travel team?  posted by bphweather

This user did not provide content for this post

Well, I learned something new.
by bphweather  (2019-06-17 21:59:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I obviously don’t have kids. So, I defer to the other posters. Good luck, and I hope your son enjoys all the other sports he participates in.

My son was born on 12/31 so he
by Steelhop  (2019-06-18 08:34:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is literally the youngest kid out there for tryouts. Born 22 hours later he is one of the oldest. It is what it is. As I mentioned above, rec soccer is by grade and development and travel is by age.

as they get older it moves to high school graduation date
by jt  (2019-06-17 22:37:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they're careful in high school to have the kids play their age/grade still (at least for baseball).

Soccer has moved to birth year for all ages
by enduff  (2019-06-18 14:29:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Big push from the US soccer org that resulted in a change in the cutoff from 8/1 to 1/1.

It is applied to all levels of soccer (HS teams obviously excepted)