“Have you ever read Milton, Captain?”
by Father Nieuwland (2019-06-20 22:03:11)
Edited on 2019-06-20 22:04:41

In reply to: In your mind the school is acting like Satan? *  posted by captaineclectic

I don’t think he is suggesting the school is acting like Satan, any more than Khan was acting like Satan.

The Bishop and the school each made their choices aware of the consequences. I expect both are disappointed in the outcome but also confident they made the right decision for what they see as their mission.

Khan was comparing himself to Satan, absolutey
by captaineclectic  (2019-06-20 23:34:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that was the intended reference.

In the king of your own castle way, sure.
by Father Nieuwland  (2019-06-20 23:43:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not in the seeking the ruin of souls mission, though.

In the
by captaineclectic  (2019-06-21 06:47:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"I'd rather be boss of somewhere shitty than middle-management in someplace good" way.

That meaning doesn't actually track in this situation, of course.

"Better to reign in hell, than serve in heav'n" *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-06-20 23:43:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post