Aussie Music Thread: Part II
by plaid_pants (2019-06-20 22:08:04)

Based on recommendations in the last Aussie music thread a few months ago, I went to see The Chats last weekend. The lead guitar player is quite talented and their singing was very clear despite a requisite level of inebriation. I would definitely recommend seeing them.

The Chats arrive in Reno, NV for a July 4th show and have twenty dates on a whirlwind US tour through July 21st. My favorite song is 'How Many Do You Do".

WAAX, also mentioned in that previous thread is playing Central Park in NY this Saturday. I have tickets for their show in August.

Skeggs, a surf vibe band from Byron Bay, is also playing in Brooklyn, New York on Sunday this weekend. Here are two popular songs to help you decide if you should check them out.

On to new topics, Tired Lion is a band from Perth that started to get things going really well in 2016.

Viloent Soho is another Brisbane band. They spent 2010 in Brooklyn with the highlight of that time apparently having a song used in the video game Sims 3. They have since returned to Australia.

As you might imagine, lots of Aussie bands have a sunshine, surf vibe. Sticky Fingers, from Sydney, was popular on the radio in 2018 with this one:

I saw Future Haunts three weeks ago. They have been around since about 2016. They are more radio friendly than my typical indie music preferences.

And since, The Chats caused the most discussion last time, I will close out with something more fun. Here is Area 7, a Melbourne Band from 1994 performing that Aussie classic, 'Nobody Likes a Bogan'. I saw these guys perform this at an outdoor beer festival with Jebediah (I'll sabe them for Part III), and it really gets the crowd going. Bogan is Aussie slang for a prole.

I'm digging new stuff from The Stroppies & Martin Frawley
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2019-06-21 08:27:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Introducing Julia Jacklin
by knutesteen  (2019-06-21 10:44:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’ll be on the lookout for her shows
by plaid_pants  (2019-06-21 22:23:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The second video reminds me a lot of Middle Kids and I enjoy that group a great deal.